A Reminder of the Other Life

With another new Pokémon by her side, Ember felt like the luckiest girl in all Alola. Every day they would train or play together. But they would have one day off. Ember wondered if she would find any other Pokémon in this life. 

Strangely enough, she did. She found a Rowlet in her backpack when she was in the market with her mother. There were a whole bunch of bird Pokémon receiving fruit from the other stands. Somehow Rowlet accidentally fell into her backpack. Ember and her mother were shocked to find the Grass Type Pokémon in there. After giving it some food and let it play with her Pokémon, Rowlet decided to stay with Ember and her family which her parents didn't seem to mind. So she named him 'Soren'.

Her second Pokémon came when her father found out a Rockruff followed him home. Like with Rowlet, the Rocky Canine decided to stay with them. But her parents noticed that Rockruff liked to hang around with Ember more than her father which he didn't mind at all. So they let Rockruff stay with them as well. So she named him Romulus. 

However, she gets one unexpected Pokémon that she never thought to encounter.

                   =================

Ember was training with her Pokémon near the beach. She was surprised by how strong her Pokémon already were. 

 "Okay, let's stop here for the day." Ember said.

All of her Pokémon smiled and went over to her. She pet them all on the head for a job well done.

"Everyone, let's get some lunch!" Ember announced.

The Pokémon cheered and headed back to the house for some food. 

After their lunch was over, the group decided to go into the forest and gather some berries. 

Ember and Nova were looking for some more Sitrus berries in the bushes when Ember caught sight of a yellow colored mouse Pokémon, her breath hitched. It was a Pikachu. She never told anyone but she was slightly afraid of Pikachu's.

As she gazed at the Pikachu, she noticed its tail and saw it was a heart shaped at the tip which meant that it was a female Pikachu. The said Pikachu turned to her, as if she somehow sensed that Ember was staring at her.

"Pika! (Oh hi!)" Pikachu greeted.

"Uh...hi." Ember greeted, nervously.

"Pika Pikachu? (Do you need something?)" Pikachu asked.

"Evui, Evui evui. (Um, some Sitrus berries.)" Nova replied.

"Pika, Pikapi Pika Pika! Pikachu. (Oh, I know where those are! Follow me!)" Pikachu requested.

       ===================

And so, Ember and Nova followed the female Pikachu. Ember was slightly nervous around Pikachu.

"Evui, evui?" Nova asked.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Ember assured the Normal Type. 

"Pikapi. (You're lucky.)" Pikachu said.

Ember and Nova blinked, "Huh?"

"Pika Pikapi. (Your Eevee is lucky to have you.)" Pikachu explained. 

"What do you mean?" Ember asked.

"Pikachu Pika Pikapi. (To have a trainer help her get stronger.)" Pikachu replied, "Pi Pikapi Pikachu. (I don't have anyone like that.)"

"I'm sorry you feel that way." Ember apologized.

"Pika. (Don't worry about it.)" Pikachu assured her. Then she noticed the bush of Sitrus berries, "Pikachu! (Here we are!)"

"Thanks." Ember smiled.

So the three began collecting berries and putting them in Ember's basket.

"Evui evui? (So why do you want to get stronger?)" Nova asked Pikachu.

"Pika Pika Pikapi! (I want to evolve into a Raichu!)" Pikachu declared.

Ember blinked, "Really?"

Pikachu nodded, "Pika! Pika... Chu Pika Pikapi. (Yeah! But...I'm having a hard time finding the right trainer who can help me.)" Her ears drooped.

Ember felt bad for Pikachu. The electric rodent just wants to evolve into a Raichu, however she's having trouble evolving. Even though Ember never wanted to get another Pikachu, but maybe this was a chance to overcome her fear of Pikachu's. Then she remembered that the Pikachu who killed her is still in the world she died in. So this one was completely innocent.

"Would you like me to help you?" Ember offered.

Pikachu blinked, "Pika? (Really?)"

Ember and Nova nodded.

Pikachu's eyes shined with happiness, "Pika! (Thank you!)"

"Then your name is Tesla!" Ember declared.

"Pika! Pikachu! (Yeah! I have a name!)" 'Tesla' cheered as she jumped up and down.

Then Tesla unexpectedly jumped into Ember's arms. The said girl was shocked until she felt Tesla nuzzling against her chest. Then Ember smiled as she held Tesla close as Nova also nuzzled between them.

And with that, Ember gained an electric type Pokémon who will help her on her future journeys.

      ==================

A/N: I like the name Tesla, so I gave Ember's female Alolan Raichu that name.