14. The Gala Night

At Gala Venue

Mile and Apo reach the venue at 7:45 pm. The venue is already packed with reporters and cars lining up.

Next is Mile and Apo turn. The bodyguard only open Mile driver door. Because the bodyguard think its only Mile in the car.

Mile walks to the passenger seat, and opens the door for Apo. The moment Apo walks out, all the reporters gasps. Some are wondering who is this handsome boy while others just continue taking pictures.

For sure tomorrow new headlines will be about Mile and his mysterious partner. The bodyguard passes 2 plastic face masks to Mile and Apo before they walk to the entrance. Both of them ignore all the questions ask by the reporters.

At the entrance door, both of them show their invitation cards. The worker then guide Mile and Apo towards the empty table.

Mile's POV

Once we seat, i look around expecting i can see familiar face. Maybe my cousin Bible is here. The place is already crowded with young and old CEO.

I look to my side, and see Apo is admiring the arts on the wall. Then 3 young and 2 old CEOs take their seat on our table. Being a friendly person, i start to communicate with them.

But Apo just sitting silently on his seat. Keep on clutching and fidgeting his hands. He looks so nervous. I look at Apo and instinctly pull his left hand and hold it with my right hand.

"Are you okey?" I ask. Apo smiles at me and nods.

Then the music starts to play. Which mean the event will begin soon. I don't realise i still holding Apo hand. I place both of our hands on top of my left hand which i place on my thigh. 

The music stops playing

The music stops playing. The host of the event walks to the stage and gives an opening speech. He thanks the guests for coming and feels sorry for the late notice (The invitation was sent a week ago).

I take a look at the paper places on the table. Since i still holding Apo hand, i cannot take the paper and hence i am trying hard to focus the words written on it. I believe it contains the schedule for today. From my peripheral vision, it stayes that  after the speech,  it will be dinner time,  then charity and finally dancing time.

The host finishes his talk and walks back to his seat. Then a bunch of waiter and waitress enter the room. They serve foods and drinks for each table.

I let go of Apo hand so that he can eat his food properly. For my dinner, i choose Grilled Lamb chops with roasted mix veggies. I do not want to eat dessert but knowing that Apo loves dessert, i end up choose fruit tarts and give it to him. While Apo chooses cheesecake.

After half an hour later, the next event begin- charity event. In this event, the host will auction few things such as art, antiques, house, car or jewellery sets. Then the money that are collected will be donated to organisations. Small flag with number is given to each guest.