3

chris pov:

hey scott, i need your help on something

what's up big bro?

so last night i met this young girl and she's having a really rough go and she's a foster kid and i told her she could stay here for a while until i figure things out but i think i want to adopt her. she's amazing and we really only talked for a few minutes but i really feel like i can help her

i think that if this is something you really want to do then go for it. i know you've always wanted a child and this might work perfectly. if you do go through with this then i'm so proud of you and i hope it all works out and i can't wait to meet her.

thank you scott. i think i'm going to go through with it. i think this is the right decision.

i hang up the phone and leave my bedroom and walk to my office to start the phone calls.

2 hours later i'm finally finished and i'm getting the paper work sent over to say that i'm now ruby's foster parent which makes me so happy. i walk into the kitchen to see that rue is still sleeping on the couch. it's only 10:30 so it makes sense since last night was kind of a crazy night.

i start moving around the kitchen to make breakfast for the two of us. i make eggs and toast just in time for her to wake up.

she walks into the kitchen and sits at the island.

"i got some good news rue" i say as i hand her a plate of food and she starts eating instantly.

"what is it?" i watch as she finishes her toast.

"i made some calls this morning and you can now stay with me. i'm your new foster parent" i say with a huge smile as i see her stop in her tracks. "is everything okay?"

i see tears start to form in her eyes as i she rushes over to me to give me a hug. i bend down to her height as she wraps her arms around my neck and i wrap my arms around her back and i stand up so her feet leave the ground.

"thank you chris so much. i mean it" she mumbles into my neck.

"i promise, i'm going to take good care of you darling" i swing her around in a circle which makes her giggle.

i set her back down on the ground. "so now i wanna know about you" she smiles.

"already let's go to the couch and i'll tell you anything you want to know."