6

"rue, we are here" i feel chris shake my leg as i wake up from my nap.

i rub my eyes with the back of my head as i lift my head off his shoulder. "sorry" i mumble as we exit the plane and get into a car.

he starts driving to his house as we pass a bunch of huge trees all changing colour due to autumn coming around the corner

"you know, i've never been outside of  l.a before" i say as my eyes are glued to the window taking in all the trees.

"it's very different out here, it's nicer. more trees, friendlier people. it's like taking in a deep breath you didn't know you needed" he explains and i can't help but grow excited for this little week away

after 20 minutes of driving chris finally pulls up to a small but decent sized house with a small driveway. he parks the car and we both hope out before going to the back to grab the bags

"git!" chris swats my hand playfully "i didn't let you carry the begs in l.a and i'm not going to let you here either. you can open and close the doors" he says and i laugh at his need to do everything.

i walk close beside him as i was growing quite nervous. suddenly he stops making me walk into the back of him. he drops the bags on the ground before bending down to my level so he can talk to me face to face.

"it's going to be okay, i know you get scared meeting new people but i'm going to be right by your side the whole time okay? i won't leave unless you say it's okay got it" he says making me nod.

he gives me a small reassuring smile before picking up the bags and continuing to walk to the front door. before we even got a chance to step onto the porch the front door flies open and an older woman comes walking out to hug chris and an older man comes to take his bags. i'm assuming his parents.

"it's good to see you again dear! i've missed you so much" lisa- his mother- hugs him before letting go and looking down next to chris at me.

"and you must be rue! oh how nice it is to finally meet you! i've heard so much about you" she says with the warmest smile before wrapping me in her arms tight. at first i was scared but now i just feel safe.

she finally lets go and leads up inside. i feel chris walk behind me as he places both his hands on my shoulders, guiding me around the house and making sure i was okay.

we talked with his parents for a bit before i heard the front door swing open and my heart stop.

"chris!!" i hear a mean shout who i'm assuming to be his brother as my body starts to relax.

it's okay rue. you are safe with chris

i tell myself as i see the man walk in before engulfing chris into a hug, making chris take his hands off my shoulders.

they stay in a hug for a while before the man turns to me and smiles.

"you must me rue! i'm scott" he sticks his hand out for me to shake and i gently shake it "you and me are going to have a lot of fun this week" he says with a smile and i can't help but laugh.

the rest of the day is spend by chris and scott catching up with their parents and telling me funny story's of each other and lisa giving me lots of food to the point i feel sick but i feel to rude to decline so i just keep eating.

i say goodnight at around 11:30 due to time change and head to the spare bedroom chris said was mine for the week. i change into a pair or sweatpants and  a t-shirt before crawling into bed and closing my eyes.

not long after the door opens quietly and i hear small footsteps then a weight on the bed by my legs. i pretend to be asleep as i feel a warm kiss on my forehead and the blankets being tucked around my body.

"goodnight rue, i'm glad your here with me. my parents love you and so does scott. you had nothing to worry about" he says before leaving the room and shutting the door behind him making a smile appear on my face right before i fall asleep