4

"so what do you want to know?" chris asks me as we both sit next to each other on the couch.

"family?" i ask

"well i have a younger brother scott, he's an idiot and a dork but i'm sure you'll love him, that's if you want to meet him. and i have two sisters, shana and carly. and then my parents lisa and robert" his whole face lights up when he talks about his family and i love it. i wish someone loved me that way.

"okay i've been dying to ask this question and i'm sorry if this comes off as rude, i'm not trying to be at all but what do you do as a job. because it's 12:30 on a thursday and you haven't left for work and yet you have a huge house" i spill and he laughs

"well i'm an actor so that's where i get all the money and i don't want to work all the time because we don't start filming for my next movie for another month."

"actor, mhmm. are we taking like d-list actor that no one recognizes in the streets but some how makes it in every movie or an a-list actor who everyone knows even if they aren't a fan" i tilt my head and narrow my eyes at him.

"well i'm captain america so i mean, i guess i'm a-list"

"captain america? yeah i don't believe you" i laugh

"okay fine, i'll prove it" he gets up off the couch and makes him way to the tv. he turns it on and goes onto netflix. he searches for a movie before pressing play. he picked 'captain america: the first avenger'.

before the movie actually starts he pauses it and makes his way back over to the couch. "have you ever watched any of these movies? like any marvel movies?"

i shook my head "no, we weren't aloud tv or any electronics. i read some of the comics though at the public library"

he gets comfortable on the couch, kicking his feet up and resting his arm along the back of the couch behind me, "well then, get comfortable because if you are going to be living here then you are going to be an expert at marvel and we've got a lot of movies to catch up on" he laughs and i can't help but smile brightly.

i get comfortable on the couch beside him, close but not to close. i don't want to scare him away and i don't really know what to do because it's only been a day.

we watch the movie and i'm in awe that chris, my foster parent, is captain america. we then watch iron man 1, 2 and then the first thor movie.

by this time it's about midnight and my eyes are closed as my head is resting on the arm rest. i'm curled up into a ball to tired to move.

i feel chris move from beside me but i just decided to pretend i'm sleeping. i feel a blanket get pulled over me before i feel a warm kiss placed against my forehead.

"we are going to figure this all out. i'm going to keep you safe rue. i promise" he whispers before turning off the tv and leaving the living room and going to bed. my mind becomes heavy as i fall into a dreamless sleep