14

"dad!" i shout from the living room when i hear a knock on the door "someone's at the door"

"you can answer it, it's just scott, he's going to stay with you during the days i'm a set" he shouts back from his room- where i'm assuming he's getting ready for the day.

i walk over to the front door, unlock it and open it only to get pick up and tickled by scott.

i laugh and scream trying to get put down as he holds me in place and continues to tickle me.

finally he throws me over his shoulder and walks in with his bags in his other hand and closes the door behind him.

"what's the plan for today kid?" scott asks setting me back on the ground

"well i think dad is going to tell the public today but i'm not sure how." i smile as i walk into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"mhm interesting. are you ready for that?" scott asks as he follows me- getting a glass of water for himself

"yeah, i mean no one cared about me before and i'm sure it's not going to change now" i sigh sitting down next to scott on the counter as he leans against the island with his back.

"it's going to be a little different kid, with the public they only care about the last name which is sad but true. so as long as you are with chris and live with him people are going to want to know what you are doing at all times even if it's just driving around. there's positives but there are also negatives." he says looking at me

"yeah i understand that, but i don't want to hide in here all day. i'll be okay" i give him a smile before chris finally walks in with a smile on his face.

"so have you figured out how your going to tell the public?" scott asks

"yeah, we are going to do an interview with e!news if your good with that?" chris smiles at me.

"yeah that's good!" i smile back.

as me and chris stay in the car in the parking lot infront of the building i feel my nerves kicking in. my hands start to get sweaty and i find it's getting harder to breathe, like someone's sitting on my chest.

i turn my head to the window to try and hide it but chris notices and puts his hand on my knee. "your going to be okay, it's not scary at all. trust me"

"i know, i just get nervous around people" i whisper

"i know you do, come here" he pulls me into a big hug and i rest my head on his shoulder as i sit on my knees leaning over the middle console of the car.

he rubs my back up and down as i feel my body start to relax a little bit.

"what's it going to be like in there?" i mumble.

"well there might be some cameras, there's going to be an interviewer and then there might be a few other people but it won't be a huge crowd and it will kind of be like talking to friends. they are very nice and sometimes they can be intrusive but you don't have to answer anything you don't want to." he continues to run my back as i stay in the hug.

"what if they ask how we met, do i say i was about to jump?" i ask pulling out of the hug and places my hands on his shoulders.

"how about you just say we met on a walk? and don't tell them about your secret spots, you don't want anyone finding them." he gives me a small wink

"our secret spots." i smile and he turns off the car.

"alright, let's go in and get this over with. remember i'll be by your side the whole time"

"the whole time" i give a hesitant nod before we both exit the car walk into the tall building together.

as soon as we enter the building a lady wearing a grey pantsuit tells us to follow we as she leads us up to the 5th floor. i stand close to chris the whole time the lady rambles on about the weather and traffic.

finally we get lead into a big room with a couch and a chair and some people standing around doing there own thing. i grab chris' hand as we sit down on the couch and i start to play with his fingers and the woman moves around the room getting things ready for the interview.