12

"so i use to go to the library to read books and i would spend alot of time there. mary didn't let us go to school so we were only allowed to leave the house a few hours a day and i would either spend my time there or in this spot in the woods i can show you later if you want". i say and me and chris walk down the sidewalk to the library.

"why didn't you talk this much at the beginning?" chris asks looking at me "it's not a bad thing don't worry, just curious"

"i didn't talk because i was always told no one cared or wanted to listen. but i actually feel like you want to listen to what i have to say. or at least i feel like it" i say as he starts to swing our hands back and forth

"of course i want to listen to you. you have a cool way of telling story's. it's very interesting" he laughs as we arrive at the library.

"what is that supposed to mean?"

"nothing, i just like the way you tell story's." he places his hand ontop of my head as we make our way to my favourite part of the library.

we walk down the isles of books i spent so much time in only a few months ago until my eyes land on my favourite book. "ah here it is!" i say excitingly but still quiet as i pull out the book off the shelf and hold it in my hands looking down at it. "i use to read this book over and over again."

"'all the bright places'? i've never heard of it before." he takes the book from my hand and looks at it

"it's really good. i wouldn't say my favourite book of all time but it's definitely good" i look up at him

"then what is your favourite book?"

"i haven't found it yet. i like to keep my options open" i smile as he raises his eye brows

"options open huh?" he bends down and picks me up before talking me over to the couch only a few feet away, and setting me down to sit right beside him.

he opens the book i showed him and starts reading quietly to the both of us as i settle into his side looking down at the page with a smile.

"is today a good day to die? this is something i ask myself in the morning when i wake up..."

we read about 10 chapters of the book before deciding to get home before his cast get there.

chris grabs my hand as we get back onto the sidewalk and head home.

"rue?" chris asks as we cross the street

"yeah?"

"what do you like to do? other then go for walks and read. like in your free time?" he asks and i take a moment to think.

"free time? i'm not sure" i answer low

"well what do you think you would like to do? i mean do you want to play sports? or learn an instrument? or learn karate" he laughs. "we can do what every you want to do, well not right now, we have to get home before my friends get cranky at us, but any other day. the world is yours" he says pulling me closer to his side.

"well i use to play the piano that was in the park for a while but they took it away because i think someone was sleeping on it but other then that i'm not sure. i never really had the option and i was always stuck in that house so i don't really know what's out here to do" i say honestly

"well, we've got all the time in the world." he smiles down at me while we continue to walk back as the sun starts to set