20

"dad! i'm back" i shout as i walk through the door, taking the leash of dodger and shutting the door behind me

"oh great honey!" lisa says emerging from the kitchen "dad and uncle scott are just in the back yard with grandpa helping out with some thing. will you come to the kitchen and help me set the table?"

"of course! let me just go wash up" i smile before walking to the bathroom and washing my hands and fixing my hair.

i walk back to the kitchen and nan hands me plates and utensils to put on the table. she then hands me cups and napkins that all match the setting and theme of the room.

next thing i know dad, uncle scott and grandpa are joining us in the house and getting ready for the family to come. i haven't met that many family members yet so i'm kind of nervous of what they will think.

i walk to the couch with chris following behind me. we sit down together while we wait for people to show up.

"i'm hungry" i mumble as chris wraps his hand around the back of the couch, pulling me closer to his side

"me too, only a few more minutes until we can eat" he chuckles.

i tilt my head to lean against his side, letting out a sigh

"everything alright?" dad looks down at me

"yeah" i whisper, sounding so unbelievable i don't even believe myself

"what's wrong?" he pulls me away from his side to sit up infront of him so he can see me clearly

"i'm just not use to big family's. or any family's to be honest so i guess i'm just a little scared" i look down at my lap and start playing with my fingers.

"you'll be fine. it's not as scary as it may seem and you could always say your tired and go to your room and take a nap or say you're going to take dodger for another walk and no one will make you stay. not if you don't want to" he smiles at me before pulling me back into his side and leaning back on the couch to get comfortable.

scott joins us in the living room as well as dodger while we wait for the family to show up so we can start thanksgiving.

the day hasn't really even started yet, i mean yes it's already 2:00 but we still have a full day ahead of us. family is visiting then eating then probably goofing around so it will be a long day.

suddenly there's a nock on the door and i watch as nan comes out of the kitchen and makes her way to the front door to let the guests in.

"mamma! it's so good to see you" a girl pulls nan into a huge hug, followed by another girl.

"my girls, i've missed you" lisa smiles before giving them a kiss on the cheek and letting them inside to come into the living room.

"rue, this is carly and shanna, our sisters" scott introduces before getting up off his chair he was sitting on to hug his sisters before walking into the kitchen to see the other guests that just showed up.

"it's so good to finally meet you! i've heard so much about you" carly walks forward and pulls me into a hug before handing me off to shanna and letting her hug me tightly.

they let me go out of the hug so i can sit back next to chris on the couch, after he says his hellos to his sisters.

i watch scott and lisa welcome the rest of the family into the house as the minutes pass from 2:00 to 3:00 and not long after we are all sitting around a huge table talking and eating the beautiful thanksgiving dinner nan made.

we eat and talk and laugh, just enjoying the family and day that we have. i couldn't be more happy, finally having a nice family that actually cares about me. even chris cousins are nice to me and they just met me.

never in a million years would i have thought that i would have gotten this lucky to have a great family that loves and cares about me even if i'm not what they expected or what they have picked.

we have a great night after eating supper- we have dessert including all the different pies i helped bake then we sit around the table for a while longer laughing and talking about their day to day life and what they have planned for their days and weeks ahead. chris talks about his upcoming movie that he has been filming for 2 months now without giving away to many set secrets and movie spoilers.

around 8:30 everyone leaves for the night, we say goodbye and give hugs as the guests slowly exit the front door. after everyone leaves chris gets up to go to the wash room and me and scott decided to scare him.

we stand behind the door outside of the bathroom and wait silently for chris to finish up and walk out so we can jump out.

we hear the door creak open so me and scott jump out infront of chris making him place a hand over his heart and laugh after screaming in fright.

he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder, attacking my sides with tickles as i scream in laughter. he starts to pick up he pace to chase scott around- me still on his shoulders.

we spend the rest of the night goofing around then helping clean up the kitchen until midnight where we decided to part ways and go to bed.

i go into my room with dodger to get ready for bed, i change into sweatpants and brush my teeth and hair before getting dodger and walking over to chris room.

i nock on the door and he opens it soon after with a smile. "can i sleep with you tonight?" i ask quietly and he moves away from the door to let me and the dog inside.

me and chris get in the bed and under the covers while dodger hops up on edge of the bed before curling up into a small ball.

"did you have a good day?" i hear him whisper from beside me as my eyes were already closed and i was about to fall asleep.

"best day ever" i whisper before letting my body fall into a deep sleep.

——————————————————————————

hi! so i'm very tired with school and all that so i'm sorry if these chapters make no sense. i'm trying to make as many chapters as possible because i have great ideas for this story so please be patient with me! also if you have any ideas for the story please comment and i'll look over them:)

plus i want to include some social media posts and interactions in this story so some of the photos won't be exactly of dodger or chris but just use your imagination and pretend it's them! (none of the photos are mine unless i claim they are!)

hope you enjoy my story and please leave feed back, i would love to hear it <3