Chapter 45

Unedited.

“Who are you? "I don't know you.." He whispers, scratching his arm at the tense silence that follows.

Taehyung's heart immediately drops like a skyfall. His breathing knocked out from his lungs.

"You really don't remember me?" Taehyung asks, and Jungkook shakes his head. "I- I'm Taehyung, your boyfriend,"

"You? My boyfriend?" The clueless and innocent younger nods, but what Jungkook said next makes Taehyung freeze with a shuddering breath.

"Since when I'm gay?"

"!!!"

He can't believe, his boyfriend loses his memory from the fall and forgets everything about him. "Do you remember what happen to you?"

"Huh? No.. Why can't I remember?" Jungkook asks no one in particular.

The room is so quiet the sound of Taehyung tears hitting the linoleum floors sound like lightning. He then runs out from the room to look for an answers.

A little while later, he returns back to the room and sits next to Jungkook on the bed. After battling with his inner thoughts, Taehyung lean closer and kissed Jungkook's cheek.

 After battling with his inner thoughts, Taehyung lean closer and kissed Jungkook's cheek

Jungkook POV's

Taehyung kissed my cheek, sensing somehow that it was all I'd allow.

"It's okay if you don't remember. Actually, I should have never fallen in love with you," Taehyung said simply, softly and his declaration stabbed at my heart.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. But I'll try my best to remember you.." I said, knowing my voice sounded stiff and formal.

"No!" Taehyung protested.

"You are very sweet, but.. there's no need for you to remember anything about me, it's not worth it anyway." I can see Taehyung seemed genuinely distressed.

"You know, you deserve so much better. Better than me. I should have left the moment papa joon found out about my mission. But I didn't because you made me feel alive, and I've felt dead before meeting you."

Once more, that pervasive sadness laced his voice. I quickly look away as I forced back the tears that pressed against my eyelids.

I can't let my tears fall! I wanted to hug him so badly but I can't and it hurt so much.