Chapter 3: Special Gift

Something unexpected happened. The girl leaned down towards my ear. I could feel her soft breathing, my ears were getting warmer and warmer. She's quite a bold girl doing this in front of her classmates. The thing is, what am I supposed to do? It will get awkward if I suddenly get up and go to my seat like nothing happened.

If I get flustered my breathing will become unstable, then she will realize that I'm awake. If that's the case, who knows what she'll do to me. Just then she started whispering in my ear.

"E-Excuse me........you are sitting in my seat.......so........could you please give it back?"

What's up with this girl? Why does she keep stopping in the middle of her sentence just to keep breathing in my ear. I was sleepy and I sat down in the wrong place. I could've avoided it but I didn't care at this point.

"Hm? Sorry, but could you repeat that again? I just woke up, and I'm still kinda sleepy." I yawned, stretching my arms.

She had indigo hair which she tied up into twin-tails of shoulder length, with beautiful pink-violet gradient eyes. She was definitely cuter than Kushida. I like twin tails for no particular reason. That alone makes her way better than Kushida.

"Uhm, I-I-I was wondering if you could give me my seat back." She said in a low voice that I could barely hear it.

It seems that she isn't confident talking to strangers. Or with the opposite gender. At least she can hold a normal conversation without running away. She just needs to be a little more confident in herself. I can fix that but it will take a while if I want to make it seem natural. As long as no one gets in my way that is.

"Wait, this isn't my seat?"

She nodded. I glanced down at the nameplate that was on the desk. The nameplate read: Wang Mei-Yu. So it really wasn't my seat. Now I feel slightly bad to make someone like her force herself to talk to me because I couldn't see correctly.

"I'm sorry for causing you unnecessary trouble." I said with an apologetic expression, also bowing.

How much time has gone by? If there is enough time I'll be going back to sleep. I take a look at the clock. It's surprisingly only been around 7 minutes. My body was tired since it felt like I slept for hours.

"It's all right. Even I sometimes make the same mistake, hehe." She scratched her cheek while giggling.

Was she laughing at my misery? Or was she trying to comfort me? But, the one thing I was sure of is that people were staring at us. Taking a look at them I realized something peculiar. This is supposed to be an elite school that could get you to any universities or job you wanted.

So tell me why my classmates look like this? What I mean is that they don't look smart, athletic, and all the important things. Some of them even look retarded. For example there is the one male student looking at the girls with a perverted expression. I know I'm not supposed to judge a book by its cover but look at him!

There are some capable people in the class but one is a narcissist, another one is a cold student with a superiority complex. You're wondering how I know about the second one, right? Well, to put it simply she just happened to be in the field of my vision and was close enough for me to hear her voice. The stares made me very uncomfortable. I don't like it when someone stares at me too much. It's uncomfortable for some unknown reason.