Chapter 24: Persuasion

The discussion was relatively the same as the one with Class D. The only difference was Kanzaki trying to convince Ichinose to take a more aggressive approach to the test. Unfortunately for him, that didn't work at all. The conversation wasn't the important thing here but what came after. Now, I should make Ichinose leave me alone with Kanzaki. Luckily, I know the correct person to help me do so.

   A few minutes later, Ichinose's phone rang. Taking for a bit she then excused herself out of the room, saying she had to attend something regarding a certain classmate. I, of course, knew who she was mentioning. It was none other than Shiranami Chihiro.

   Unlike most people, I never forgot her. I left her alone since she absolutely needed it after the whole incident. Checking up with her once in a while has shown me that she's doing better these days. She even stopped having a crush on Ichinose. Otherwise, I would be really disappointed in her. I had plans for her and those feelings were getting in the way but like I said earlier she stopped. I'm proud of her. 

   Anyways, back to the current situation. Kanzaki and I quietly stood there for a bit. Confirming that Ichinose indeed left, I initiated another of my schemes.

   "I'm going to be completely honest with you, are you sure you're fine with how Ichinose is leading Class B?" I asked.

   Kanzaki stood staring before ultimately sighing. "What are you trying to say?" His eyes narrowed.

   "Look, the lack of internal conflict and teamwork surpasses the other classes which is only able to occur due to Ichinose's leadership. The Island Exam was the optimal situation for Class B to win. However, Class B didn't, coming in second with 90 points. Tell me why that's the case?"

   Not letting him answer, I continue. "Class B went through the test with a thoroughly defense-oriented strategy, which was neither the best or worst option out there. Yet, they permitted Kaneda to stay, even though his circumstances were suspicious at best."

   "There are so many good-natured people in Class B which is not a bad thing, quite the opposite in fact but there is a difference between a good human being and a naive one. You should understand this better as you are classmates with them." I pointed out mistakes that the class had.

   In my opinion, they had the best start out of the others classes but with their attitude they probably won't make it to the end of year, especially Ichinose. Out of all the classes, Class B is the weakest. Class B has a great leader, which is somewhat questionable since she's too hesitant about using underhand methods to win. Ichinose's more suitable as a support leader. Other than that Class B doesn't have much else.

   That's why I will help them to make things more interesting. I want a battle where all the classes fight against each with the class point gap being so small that one mistake is enough to take them out of the race. Just like a certain teacher.

   After all, it's a win-win for everyone, they improve as human beings as they try to graduate from Class A. Isn't that one of the reasons why he accepted me in this school?

   "Do you expect me to believe you are helping me out of goodness out of your heart?" Kanzaki suspiciously said.

   "That's exactly why I asked you that question. Someone like you is letting Ichinose lead when you clearly aren't satisfied with her leadership." I clapped, amused at the situation.

   "I'm not saying you should oppose her as that defeats the purpose of this conversation but you should lead beside her and possibly have more influence."

   "What are you talking about? That's what I've been doing the whole time." Kanzaki gave me a perplexed look.

   "Wrong, if you really did then you wouldn't have lost that badly in the Island Exam. You knew what Kaneda wanted all along. It's because you know better than anyone that your class won't make it to Class A, which is why you're so desperately attempting to convince them to take a more aggressive style." A barely visible frown formed on both of our faces, each having a different reason as per why.