Chapter 9: Improvement

Sudou was currently inside my room studying for the midterms. Although it took a lot of diligence and patience to make him learn the material, it was worth the effort.

   "Why am I studying something different than the rest?" Sudou asked.

   "What do you mean?" I responded clearly confused.

   "I heard Ike and Yamauchi bragging about how they knew all these answers to questions you never taught me."

   "That's most likely due to the fact that they're not studying the right curriculum."

   "Wait! How do you know which material is the correct one?"

   "Ah. That's because someone told me beforehand. Let me explain it from the beginning."

*A few days ago*

   I was about to leave the club room when Shiranami called me out from behind.

   "Wait for me!"

   "Huh?"

   "Did you forget about what happened between us last night?!" She said with a slight pout while blushing.

   Cute.

   "That's impossible! I never thought the day would actually come!" Kaneda was the first to make a comment. He was fake crying.

   The other fellow members of my club stared at me like a miracle happened. Is it that surprising?

   "First of all, I never did it because that's against the school rules. Second of all, I don't want to hear it from someone who got rejected, then got beaten up by the same girl! Third of all, I can probably get more girls than any of y'all combined!" (A/N, He can with the power of plot convenience!)

   "Let's go, Shiranami."

   "O-Okay."

   With that I left Kaneda and the rest in the dust. Not really...

   "Try not to make any more misunderstandings, okay?" I told her in a gentle voice.

   "I'll try my best."

   We talked about many things until we reached the dorms. Before parting ways she slightly tugged my sleeve. She stood there silently for a few seconds. Her whole face was red due to her blushing.

   "I-I-I l-love you! Please go out with me, Mochizuki-kun!" Shiranami quickly hid her face from embarrassment.

   "I—-"

*Back to the present*

   "That's bullshit. Tell me what actually happened, I'm not trying to hear your made up fantasies."

   "Shit, you got me there. All right let me continue."

(A/N, everything except for the confession was real)

*Back to the past*

   Since we both were headed towards the dorms, I decided to spark up a conversation.

   "Is your class studying enough for the midterms?"

   "Yes, we're giving it our all, I don't want to lose any of my precious classmates!"

   "Truthfully, I'm not doing too well..."

   "W-What's wrong?" She said in a worried tone.