Chapter 14: Conflict

Unknown 3rd person POV

"Very well, you'll be placed in Class D" The man said while filling out some paperwork.

"Yes, sir!" Their serious demeanor was impressive for their age, unlike certain students.

"Hahaha, no need to be so formal with me." Slightly amused with the situation he stopped working and stared at the soon to be student to get a better read on them.

"Well I like to show respect to those who deserve it." They quickly flashed a smile just as fast as it disappeared.

"May I present a question that has been on my mind?" The student bowed waiting for confirmation.

"Go on." Surprised by their actions he rapidly replied.

"Is there any specific reason for my placement?" Confusion was written all over their face.

"Are you not satisfied with my decision?" Although he asked due to mere curiosity the student interpreted it another way.

"Of course not. Forgive me for my rudeness, but I know there are multiple different motives for your conclusion so I'm wondering what they may be." They expressed their opinions on the matter in hand.

"In simple terms; observing and gathering information." He revealed with no hesitation whatsoever.

"As you heard Class D has never gotten enough class points to move up to Class C." The man explained which they nodded showing a clear understanding of the state of the class.

"So you need me to see how well they will progress over these three years and all the other inside details. Does that mean there's something special about this upcoming batch of 1st years?" The fact that higher caliber students were put in a lower class made them eager to meet them.

"While it's true that there are some individuals who have a substantial amount of potential if they fix their notable flaws, that's not the case here. It's not every day where someone with your skill set joins this school, in addition having an objective while attending makes things easier for both of us."

Due to many reasons one could not disclose information about the students. He couldn't give an advantage to them by giving data like academic abilities, physical abilities, their personality and the cause of their placements. Even if they weren't planning on using it effectively it is against the rules of the school. By doing that it also ruins the purpose of the job he gave them.

"What about the homeroom teacher?"

"Do as you please, just make sure to not overdo it. She has been teaching the previous Class D's for a couple years, due to that she may act cold and indifferent towards the class matters." Normally he wouldn't give anything away, but he indirectly tells the person in front of him the options available. Catching on they promptly responded.

"Leave it to me. I'll make sure to not disappoint you!"

"That's all, you're dismissed." He said making them leave, however as they were about to close the door they stopped and slightly turned their head around.

"Just making sure, I can do whatever I desire, right?" A psychopathic smile was slowly forming on their face. Their prior behavior was nowhere to be seen. Usually people would be disturbed by this display of madness, though the man was actually expecting this from the start.

"As long as you don't break any of the rules, you'll be fine." He sternly warned them. With that the student closed the door, leaving him alone. The man sighed and looked back at the paperwork.