Chapter 25: Next Step

Katsuragi seemed to firmly decide on using his strategy as he didn't participate in the discussion during our second gathering unless called upon. Of course, with one student absent, there wasn't really any implications since his two other classmates joined, not caring for Katsuragi's opinion, likely being in Sakayanagi's faction. This'll definitely make things easier for me. I was carefully observing how the students acted, but when the results were obvious, the effort was unnecessarily wasted.

   The atmosphere was oppressively tense. People were jumping at shadows and incredibly wary. However, I wasn't bothered by it. Hence, I got bored immediately, taking out my phone. Paying no heed at the gazes I received, I sent a message and waited. Perhaps they thought I was going to submit an answer to the school but I wouldn't do something as careless as that. What I did was something much more interesting.

   "If we really want the first outcome, acting like this is useless as we'll be sharing the VIP identity." Kanzaki said calmly, gaining our attention.

   "This is a discussion not a glaring contest. If you don't want to participate you might as well do the same as Katsuragi over there." I added, pointing at Katsuragi.

   "Or does anyone here plan on betraying the group and submitting the VIP's identity beforehand?"

   My words were supposedly directed to everyone present in this room but it was actually meant to the Class A students beside Katsuragi. My classmates stared at me in confusion for my actions which were clearly meant to antagonize Class A. Kanzaki shook his head while sighing though if you look closely he was smiling. Ryūen gave me an amused look. Both of them understood my actions.

   "Hah? What are you trying to say?" Nishikawa glared at me.

   "You seem awfully defensive."

   "Of course we would, we're being accused of something false." Matoba came to support Nishikawa.

   "Who said Mochizuki-kun was accusing Class A in particular? Don't you think you're jumping to conclusions?" Horikita said.

   "Not when he's acting like that!" Nishikawa calmed a bit down but still appeared annoyed.

   "Then let me ask you this. Can you really say with confidence that you wouldn't lie and betray the group for 500,000 private points?" I asked.

   "No one in our class would lie just to get a mere 500,000 unlike you defectives in Class D," retorted Nishikawa.

   "We have more than 100,000 points deposited into our accounts every month, your caution seems unjustified." said Matoba.

   "So if we share the VIP's identity, you're willing to hand over those points? Those are mere points for you, right?" I asked, containing the urge to smirk.

   "..."

   In the silence I got up and walked towards them until I stopped. I stood there, menacingly. This worried some of my classmates and Ichinose as it looked like I was going to instigate a fight with them from their perspective.

   After a couple of seconds I whispered to him loud enough for Nishikawa and Katsuragi to hear without having others to eavesdrop.

   "If you won't answer my question then you better keep your mouth shut."

   "W—"

   "Come on, listen to your precious master Sakayanagi's advice. If you're not obedient you'll be abandoned by her."

   "..."

   "..."

   "Good boy, want me to praise you?" I made a reference from chapter 12: Island Exam Begins.