Chapter 31: Effect

After Karuizawa's left, I walked out, encountering Kiyotaka. We were currently in an isolated place, meaning the chances of anyone hearing our conversation is low. Kiyotaka must've hidden quite well for Karuizawa not to notice him. That, or she was still thinking about what happened between us.

   "How was it?" asked Kiyotaka.

   "Successful," I said.

   "I would've expected to use another method."

   "Well, I got Manabe and her friends cornered even without the pictures to blackmail them."

   "Ah, you mean that."

   "Yes, that."

   "Anyways, don't you think it's truly wonderful how it went?" I asked.

   "There you go again with your monologue."

   "I tend to do that, but I will refrain from doing so for now."

   "More importantly, the test should be ending soon," Kiyotaka said.

   "I'm guessing you won't be doing anything?"

   "That's right, now that you got Karuizawa there's no need for me to involve myself. I'll just watch the outcome like any normal student."

   "I will say, there's been a minor miscalculation on my part," I said.

   Speaking of that, knowing that it was the Dog group, it already limits the suspects. While I normally wouldn't tell anybody, Kiyotaka cannot do anything this late into the exam. Even if could, there's no reason for him to do so.

   "Really? Are you going to do something about it?"

   "Hmmm? Who knows, I first need to figure out the cause, then I'll consider which option I like the best."

   "If I don't make the decision I know someone else will. Either way is fine with me as I don't care what happens to Class D," I continued, shrugging my shoulders indifferently.

   "Well, I don't have anything to do with it, so I won't interfere with your plans."

   "While that's quite reassuring, I don't believe your reasoning. Although you're right about not interfering, I know it's for other reasons. Eh, do what you want," I sighed, closing my eyes.

   "Oh, before I forget, do you want half of the points transferred to you now?" I asked him, taking out my phone in the process.

   "Yeah," he answered.

   "Okay," I nodded.

   After fiddling through my phone for a bit, I transferred 250,000 points to Kiyotaka. I'm surprised that I have that many private points, but when I think about it I really did gather a lot of points. Not to mention that I still have several thousand points to spare.

   Still I'm not the type to spend my points on many things, even if private points had less value I would still not spend it. I'm just that type of person.

   "I'll be leaving then," I said.

   With that I left Kiyotaka behind, going to my room. After a few minutes of walking I came across Ike and Yamauchi talking with extremely happy expressions. I raised an eyebrow at this.

   What are these guys so happy about? Now, I wouldn't usually care about these two, but I want to talk to them to see their behavior in person. After all, I have my objectives.

   "Ike, Yamauchi, it's nice to see you guys," I told the truth about how I felt at the moment.

   "Oh, Mochizuki." Yamauchi and Ike said at the same time.