Chapter 11: Misunderstanding

Ichinose appeared serious about coming up with strategies and being a trusted ally. Every time she wanted permission to try something she'd contact us. It was kind of unnecessary since I was the one with her contact info. So all the messages went through me first. Which meant that I had to forward all the texts to Ayanokōji.

   Upon returning to the dorms, we went our separate ways with Horikita following Ayanokōji to his room. Although I felt an urge to accompany them, I opted against it because I had enough of Horikita's bitchy attitude for today.

   There were four dorm buildings on campus. Three were for students, who stayed in the various dorms to which they were assigned from first through third year. In other words, our dorm building this year was the same one where last year's third-year students had lived. The fourth building housed the instructors and school employees.

   What I'm saying is that since all the first year students lived in the same building, inevitably we would meet students from other classes. Someone entered my field of vision. Our eyes naturally met.

   "Thank you very much. It's been a pleasure." The girl spoke these grateful words to the dormitory manager, then called me out.

   "Hey, Mochizuki-kun! Good morning. You're early."

   She had beautiful long, wavy hair and big eyes. The second button of her blazer strained over her large chest. Her upright posture matched her dignified personality. Ichinose Honami, that first year Class B student had unfortunately found me again.

   "I usually wake up earlier than this. What were you talking about with the manager?" I asked.

   "Some people from my class wanted to make requests about their dorms. I gathered everyone's thoughts on the matter and told the dorm manager. Stuff like water usage, noise, and so on."

   "You did all that?"

   Normally, individuals handled their own room issues. I wonder why Ichinose had gone to the trouble of gathering everyone's complaints.

   "Good morning, Class Rep Ichinose!"

   Two girls who were getting off the elevator called out to Ichinose. She greeted them back.

   I'm not even going to bother asking about this "class rep" thing. It will probably never be mentioned after this chapter.

   "Aren't you usually a little early? This reminds me I've never seen you around this time." As she spoke the two of us began walking to school together.

   "It really depends, either I'm early or I'm not."

   As Ichinose and I got closer to the school, the number of students around us multiplied. Which was bad for me, mainly because suspicion would rise significantly.

   If popular Class D students like Hirata or Kushida were with Ichinose, students wouldn't think anything of it, but I'm a random unknown student of Class D, obviously people would be coming up with reasons why I'm with her.

   "Good morning, Ichinose!"

   "Good morning, Ichinose-san!"

   Ichinose, who was walking next to me, monopolized all of the girls' attention.

   "You sure attract a lot of attention."

   "I just stand out since I'm the class rep. That's all."

   It didn't seem like she was trying to act modest. Apparently, that's what she truly thought.

   "Ah, that reminds me. Did you hear about summer break, Mochizuki-kun?"