Good Food

Requested by @chinanagomaru

------

Jungkook had had a nut allergy since he was little. For the most part, it meant being careful about every single meal. If he went to birthday parties, he sometimes had to refuse eating the cake in case there was a chance that nuts were involved. 

It sucked, but not eating cake was a lot better than having a severe allergic reaction that threatened his life. 

The others were aware of his allergy too. Food that had nuts in them wasn't allowed in the dorms. Jungkook felt bad about it at first, but Taehyung assured him that he hated nuts anyway. That way, none of them had to worry about Jungkook accidentally getting in contact with anything. 

He kept his EpiPen with him most of the time. When he was younger, Hoseok and Jin were always running around and reminding him to take it with him. Jungkook was more responsible now. He wasn't going to go anywhere without it. Just in case. Sometimes he forgot, but that was rare. 

------

"Do you guys have everything?" Jimin asked. 

"Yeah," Namjoon said. "We're all ready to go."

It was Jungkook's birthday. The staff members had gotten a cake for him and the members were going to give it to him. They hadn't checked to make sure whether there were any allergens or not, because they were in a hurry. The staff knew about Jungkook's allergy so there was no need to check anyway. They were the ones who got the cakes usually and nothing had ever happened. Nothing was going to go wrong. 

Jimin held onto the cake tightly. They started walking towards Jungkook's room. There was probably a V-Live going on right now. 

------

"Happy birthday Jungkook!" 

Jungkook nearly jumped out of his skin. Taehyung's voice was so damn loud all the time. The door opened and the members burst inside. 

"Here, see, I got you a cake," Taehyung said.

Jungkook grinned.

The words "Happy Birthday Jungkookie" were written in red icing on top of the white cake. Five purple candles were stuck on the cake, each with small orange flames on them.

Jin and Hoseok set the cake down in front of Jungkook. Taehyung initiated singing the birthday song, and soon enough, all of them had joined in.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jungkook, happy birthday to you!"

Jungkook had a big smile on his face the entire time. This was so fun. He knew the others did something like this every year, but it was special every single time.

He blew out the candles as forcefully as he could. His mouth always hurt afterwards. Pretty aggressive. Jungkook silently made a wish. He used to wish for extravagant things when he was younger, and he did the same now. He wished that one day BTS would get the Grammy that they rightfully deserved.

The others clapped and cheered. Jungkook clapped along.

"How does it feel to be a year older, Jungkook?" Jimin asked.

"The same." Jungkook shrugged. "I'm not as old as you guys."

Jin laughed. He knelt down in front of Jungkook and picked up a spoon. He scooped up some of the cake and held it up to Jungkook's face.

"Open your mouth, come on."

Jungkook rolled his eyes but listened. He opened his mouth wide enough to let Jin slip the food inside. The cake tasted painfully sweet. Half of it was icing so Jungkook swallowed it down easily. Maybe he swallowed it down too quickly, but his throat tingled after he did. He quickly smiled, trying to act like nothing had happened.