Long Story Short

Requested by ZarbafAhmed and VanshikaEthiraj

warning: descriptions of injury

Jikook

------

"Will you help me with something?"

Jungkook turned in his chair. He had been working at his studio for the last couple of hours and this was the first break that he had gotten. Jimin was standing behind him, a frown on his face.

"What happened?"

"I was trying to try on this shirt for the interview later this week, but I accidentally ripped it and now it's falling apart."

Jimin held it up. There was a large tear right down the side seam. Threads were starting to spill out from the sides.

"Are you sure that you accidentally ripped it or was it just not your size?" Jungkook asked. He couldn't help it, he smirked when Jimin's frown deepened.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Nothing, nothing." Jungkook threw his hands up. "What do you need me to do?"

Jimin shook his head and turned away. "I'll do it myself. I don't need your backhanded comments." He strode out of the room, leaving Jungkook more confused than ever.

"Good lord Jimin, it was just a joke! If the shirt was too small, then it very well could rip!"

But Jimin had already left. Jungkook slumped back down in his chair, more confused than ever. He knew there was a long time of fighting oncoming. Jimin always held onto all his grudges. He didn't know how to forgive people easily. It was kind of funny when it was used against the others, but when Jungkook was the recipient, it was difficult to deal with it.

------

The entire thing seemed to escalate in the weeks to come. Jimin refused to talk to him as more and more minor disagreements seemed to come between them. The smallest thing would send him down. Jungkook started to avoid him. Group activities started to get awkward. The others would stand there, not knowing the full story.

Namjoon cleared his throat.

"Okay so..." he started. He glanced at all of them. He seemed to gain some courage when he saw Taehyung's encouraging nod. "So, as you all know, we have a tour coming up. It's not as long as our previous ones, but it's still going to be very hectic. Everyone needs to work hard. I'm sure you already know that and I know that you guys already will. I will get the setlist and rehearsal schedules tomorrow - you know, how slow the agency is when it comes to these things - but in the meantime, you guys can start."

"Right," Hoseok said.

Jungkook knew that Jimin normally added something in as well, but he stayed silent this time. He only looked down at his shoes. For a little moment, Jungkook felt the slightest bit bad at him, but then Jimin looked up and glared at him. Jungkook's sympathy died right there and then.

It was stupid.

All he wanted was to get through the tour without any major fights. He wanted to enjoy his life, but it was impossible when Jimin got pissed off at everything he did.

------

It must've been at some rehearsal. In between songs, Taehyung and Jungkook were messing around and making each other laugh. He could tell there wasn't a lot of support from the others. Jin glanced at them in annoyance.

"Can you guys settle down for once?" he asked.

"You're one to talk, hyung," Taehyung said.

Jungkook laughed.