The Prank on Jungkook

Requested by @Kate.baltodano

kinda changed the request;

---------

September 1st 2013. Jungkook's sixteenth birthday.

Junghyun had bragged to the whole world that his younger brother had finally managed to debut, and the maknae knew that Junghyun and their parents were going to celebrate his birthday this year in a special way. Too bad Jungkook couldn't join them. Seeing pictures and talking through text sometimes wasn't enough.

It was okay. He had signed up for this. He had the members with him. They weren't super close yet, but Jungkook felt comfortable when he was with them. The others looked out for him and he tried his best to look after them. Though, if he had to be honest, when Yoongi had injured his shoulder and Jungkook had went out and bought a card for him, the rapper seemed to be more concerned that Jungkook had been alone in a large mall than anything else. It seemed like the maknae warranted extra protection like all the others. Maybe they would celebrate his birthday like this too!

He had seen the way the others had celebrated their birthdays. Yoongi's birthday had been way back in March, and though they had been tied up with work and practice, all the members had managed to throw him a surprise party in his studio.

But Jungkook's birthday was the first one after their debut; this was going to be filmed and put on their YouTube channel. Their small albeit powerful fanbase was going to watch it and cry over how adorable Jungkook looked. That was what Jin said anyway, the maknae didn't quite believe it.

He was excited. He couldn't sleep the night earlier because all he could think about was the smiles on the members' faces as they smothered him in affection and sang him happy birthday. He felt like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Well, in Hoseok's words, he was a kid.

But he didn't dare tell any of the others how excited he was. He didn't want to bother any of the others, they were all working hard, and Jungkook was too shy to ask them anything anyway. He just had to control his curiosity for a few hours and then he would find out the surprise they had all planned for him.

Just a few more hours...

Jungkook couldn't sleep. He giggled softly to himself, struggling to keep his voice down so the others wouldn't wake up. He glanced around at the bunk-beds all around him and the sleeping figures of the members all around him.

Jin mumbled in his sleep and threw the covers off of himself, them tumbling to the floor.

Jungkook stifled a laugh and tried to sleep.

---------

Jungkook had a bad habit. When he tried to stay up late or couldn't sleep for whatever reason, he ended up waking up at a much later time than usual. He had stayed awake half the night dreaming about the taste of cake slowly melting on his tongue; there was no way he could have woken up in time to head to practice.

When he finally opened his eyes and glanced around the room, he saw Hoseok with a hand on the pillow underneath his head, ready to pull it off.

"You are finally awake? What a relief." The dancer rolled his eyes and stood up. He exchanged a glance with Namjoon who was watching them from the doorway.

Jungkook sleepily sat up and yawned. "What time is it?"

"9:30." Namjoon sighed. "We've been trying to wake you for the past half hour, but you were snoring like a log."

"I'm sorry," the maknae mumbled. He avoided eye contact with the '94 liners.

"Just get up. We need to go. Jin made breakfast, hurry up and eat. We have dance starting from 10," Hoseok said. He twisted his lip and shook his head at Jungkook. "Up! Now!"