A Failed Remedy

Requested by @MegArmy

warning: throwing up

gosh, i really hope this is more medically accurate, if its not, please let me know!

------

"Are you okay?" Hoseok asked.

Jungkook shrugged. He was picking at his food again. Inside, he could feel himself starting to get nauseous again. Anytime he tried to eat something, he would end up throwing it up just moments later.

"Do you want me to give you some medicine?" Hoseok asked.

Jungkook shook his head. "I already took some."

This had been going for a couple of weeks. As it stretched on, the other members got more and more concerned. Each mealtime, Jungkook would feel himself be absolutely scrutinized by everyone around him. They would ask him questions, they would sigh in worry when he went off to throw up, they would feel his forehead when he came back, etc. It was exhausting. He knew they cared though. That was nice.

"I should take you to the doctor," Namjoon said. "This has gone on for far too long."

"No, it's okay." Jungkook forced a smile. He felt awful. But the doctor would just poke around for a while and come to the grand conclusion that he was just faking his symptoms. It was just a big waste of time.

"It's not okay," Namjoon said.

"Don't worry about it."

"It's impossible not to worry, what do you mean?" Hoseok shook his head. He leaned over to look Jungkook into the eyes. "You can tell the two of us anything, you know?"

Jungkook nodded. He looked back down at his food. He couldn't eat it. He set his spoon down.

"I can't eat anything else."

Namjoon and Hoseok's brows furrowed in worry.

"What's wrong? Do you feel sick?" Hoseok asked.

Jungkook shrugged again. "Sure."

"Sure?"

"I guess."

Namjoon sighed. Jungkook could see the concern emanating out of him. He glanced down at his lap and didn't dare move. Any movement would make him feel worse.

"Can I go home?" he asked.

"Of course." Namjoon stood up. "I'm going to go tell the manager to drive you home."

"Thanks."

"Come on."

Hoseok slung his arm around Jungkook's shoulders and helped him stand up.

Something was wrong. Jungkook tried to hold himself upright, but he couldn't stop himself from leaning into Hoseok's embrace.

He was so worn out.

-------

When he got back home, the first thing he did was lay down on the couch. The manager stayed around for a little bit before he had to leave too, and then Jungkook was all alone.

For a while, Jungkook wondered if he should watch TV. He tried to get up and grab the remote, but his legs were so weak that he kept crumpling over. He hadn't managed to keep any food down for the past few days.

So he lay there on the couch instead. His stomach ached with hunger. But the thought of food made him want to throw up.

All he could do was try to ignore the pain and get some rest.