Chapter One - Six Months Old

Chapter One

Six Months Old

Officially, I am only six months old, but I look two years old now; just about anyway. That is how it goes when you are half vampire and half human.

Even in the six months of my life, I feel as if I have experienced two whole years already compared to only six months.

Mentally, I am as advanced as a seven year old, although I try not to show it because I can see the worry in my Mommy's eyes.

Things are a lot calmer now than it had been just two months ago. That is when my gifted Mommy saved us all from certain destruction from the Volturi; a coven of self-proclaimed leaders of the vampire world. I did not like them at all. They were liars and murderers.

Although Mommy would say it was Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper who saved us all by finding cousin Nahuel and bringing him and his Aunt back to help us instead of her shield power.

Cousin Nahuel and his Aunt joined our family. They were going to return to their homeland but Leah and Nahuel began looking at each other in a funny way and hung around each other all the time.

Uncle Emmet and Uncle Jasper built them a nice home between our home and La Push. Grandmaw Esme made the blue prints and Aunt Alice helped her decorate.

It is a very pretty place. I do not visit there much though. They even built Nahuel's Aunt a small cabin a few miles from Leah and Nahuel's. She mainly keeps to herself though, or stays around Nahuel.

Leah didn't growl or stare at Mommy mean any more. We were all happy about that! Nahuel and his Aunt adjusted to our 'vegetarian' way of life easily.

Grandpaw Carlisle enjoyed learning everything he could about me and Nahuel's species. He wrote down everything in a journal, including the entire test he conducted on Nahuel. Nahuel would sit still longer than I would and he didn't mind too much. I thought, by him having someone else to study, that he wouldn't bother to measure me every day; not so lucky though, he continued to test me too.

Grandpa Charlie's rule for the 'need to know-don't tell policy' was short lived. I was still growing way too fast for a human to not notice and he couldn't take the suspense any longer, so one day after Grandpa had visited me, Daddy heard his never-ending accusations and quarreling with himself on whether or not he should ask. Therefore, Daddy spoke to Mommy after Grandpa had left and that next morning they held a family meeting.

"It has come to our attention that Charlie suspects what we are but is having a difficult time on whether or not to ask us," Daddy said after everyone joined us.

Everyone looked scared and stood still. Aunt Alice's face was blank and she looked like she was looking off somewhere.

My Daddy continued his speech, "He would rather not, but his worry over Renesmee has overpowered his will to ask. Bella and I have decided it is time to explain everything to Charlie, starting with Bella's decision to join me."

Not everyone was looking at Daddy; instead, they were all gawking at me. I touched on each of their faces with my eyes before settling on Daddy's. They were all concerned but I didn't know why they were looking at me this way.

My Daddy answered my thoughts, "We are just worried Renesmee... We still don't know if we will be able to stay here after talking to Grandpa Charlie. That will not only devastate him, but you and your Mother as well."

He was right I couldn't leave my Grandpa. He wasn't going to live as long as I was. He would be gone from us too soon as it is. Tears began to flow down my flushed cheeks. Mommy and Daddy knelt down and held me tight. I couldn't stop crying. Everyone was trying to console me now.