Chapter Six - Party

Chapter Six    

Party

I wanted to run to her. I had so many questions. I looked around and saw that I momentarily didn't have a single eye on me or even a thought. I figured she must have known that so I could come to her.

I snuck past all my engaged guests without detection and ran to where she had moved into the tree line.  

She smiled widely at me as I approached her. "Having a wonderful birthday Renesmee?" she spoke clearly.

I couldn't help but wonder why no one else heard her. I nodded my head yes to her and tilted my head to the side with curiosity.

"Why is it no one else but me can see or hear you?" I whispered.

"Because I am only allowed to show myself to you," she answered.

"Why?" I asked more enthusiastically.

She smiled wider and put her hand on my shoulder. I gasped as memories flooded my mind. She was showing me her history, her previous life, her death and now the reason she has come to me. She was here to help guide me and prepare me for the future. She left out details of that future and details as to what preparations she must help me with.

"You are like me!" I smiled.

"Now I am. Only while I am in this form though," she said that as if to mean this form wouldn't last.

"It won't last little one. When you have completed your destiny I will move on to my next life." She looked into my eyes and saw the sadness. She lifted my chin up with her soft warm hands.

"Are you dead?" I asked bluntly as I felt tears pool on the edge. I knew the answer but couldn't figure out why she felt warm and alive to me.

"I died, yes, from the life I had there but I am alive in this spirit realm until the day I can move on to some place better." She smiled conveying sincerity to me that she will be happy to move on. To see her past loved ones once again.

I dried my eyes and looked up to her but she was gone. I sighed just as I heard my name being called and Mommy asking where I was. I heard the Quileute woman speak, "I will visit you again young one. Do not worry. I am here."

Daddy found me within the tree line and I could see, as he scanned the woods that he knew I had been talking to my mysterious Quileute friend.

"What did she want Renesmee?" he asked softly with concern as he lifted me into his arms.

"To talk more," I said as I placed my hand to his cheek; hoping that whatever block was there wasn't there anymore. Sure enough Daddy gasped as I showed him everything we talked about and what she had shown me. I was finally able to show him the first visit with her too. Although we still didn't know her name, Daddy at least knew now of what she looks like.

A thought ran in his mind. A memory from when my mother was still human. Something she had said about stories she heard one night at a bon-fire the tribe held. That got his attention. He flitted to Mommy and handed me to her. He whispered into her ear that he had to talk to Billy and Carlisle and for her to watch me closely.

I squinted my eyes at him in disproval and huffed out a large breath of air. Daddy chuckled at me and left before I could object anymore.

The party continued as Daddy, Billy, and Grandpaw's thoughts and voices grew distant. They were purposely distancing their selves from me.

I decided not to be upset and instead, enjoy the rest of my birthday party. After a while I had gotten my smile back and danced with everyone. As the night darkened, the finale to my party lit off in a stunning display of fireworks. Sam and the pack had to do the honors since my family was not so fire proof. Aunt Alice picked me up and spun me around in a blurry circle.