Chapter Seventeen - Mourning

Chapter Seventeen

Mourning

I spent the entire three days with Jacob and Billy. Sam let him off of patrol to keep me company. We went on hikes around LaPush and even went fishing.

Jacob didn't like the fact that I was a better fisher than he but he was still a good sport about it.

He cooked our catch for him and Billy to eat for supper. He even took me hunting. He had a hard time watching me go after a large cat and shifted when it was too much for him but by that time I had the cat in well control as I drained it.

After Grandma Renee's change was over, Mommy and Daddy took her to hunt. She learned fast and didn't mind the taste of animals. We were all very relieved too.

Cautiously they reintroduced me to her and she was just like Mommy- she didn't find me yummy at all.

They planned out her memorial and as they talked I heard her thinking how she wanted to leave before anyone arrived. She didn't mean just to leave for the day either, she meant permanently.

She wanted to travel around the world and find her new self. I didn't understand and I was quite upset.

Once Grandpaw Carlisle called Phil and told him about Renee's passing, Mommy and Grandma got into an argument. It wasn't pretty either.

Mommy was begging her to stay. I was crying and begging too and Renee was begging for us to understand. She didn't want to be anywhere near Phil incase his presence was too much to endure. She mentioned quite a few times that she had forever now to love us and see us.

Eventually the argument cooled as Mommy realized Renee was leaving regardless. She didn't hesitate to leave either. She packed a back pack with a few items of clothing, a cell phone and money.

Grandmaw tried to convince her to stay long enough to get new I.D's but Renee refused. She knew she wouldn't need them for years to come since she didn't plan on being in the public eye.

Mommy and I had the right amount of sadness when the mourners began to arrive. I was happy that Grandpa came. I clung to him like glue throughout the ceremony.

I couldn't stop crying and Grandpa didn't know what to do. He loved me but it made him uncomfortable to not be able to help me.

Phil was messed up. His family came with him and he thanked Grandmaw and Alice for helping with the arrangements.

Grandpaw said it wasn't any trouble and Phil gave my Mommy a box of Grandma's things she wanted her to have. Mommy turned into Daddy's chest and cried out. She couldn't stand this. It felt like she was dead since she left us. She never thought Renee could do that to her. Mommy knew Grandma considered her a married woman; a grown adult with a child of her own but Mommy still wanted her Mom.

Mommy pretended to dry tears as she turned around to accept the box.

"Bella, I know you have your family here now and your husband but if you two ever need me don't hesitate to call ok," Phil offered and hugged her one last time before he left with his family; grief stricken.

"I hope he will be alright," Mommy whispered to Daddy as Phil made his way to his car.

"He will be Bella," Aunt Alice said as she came out front. "He will get remarried in about three or four years."

"Oh, well, that's good," Mommy stuttered but her own sadness for Phil wasn't relieved at all.

I giggled as Grandpa hugged me goodbye. "See you later Ness. I need to get back to town."

"Ok Grandpa," I kissed his cheek. "I love you," I said before letting him go.

He looked right into my eyes, "I love you too my beautiful Granddaughter."