Chapter 23 - Two Years Later

The two years that followed were happy and uneventful. Which is a wonderful thing around here considering all the things that could go wrong in a blink of an eye.

A lot of good things happened during those two years. For one, there were a lot of weddings and a lot of flower girl dresses for me.

When each wedding came around I tried to hide in Mommy and Daddy's huge closet but of course, they found me.

Aunt Alice was kept so busy with all the wedding arrangements that she seemed to take over everything and everywhere.

Of course, everyone loved the outcome but wow, she is something else. She even redecorated my bedroom seven times in the past two years; something that really bugged my Mom and me.

Sam and Emily were finally married during the summer, right on the beach of La Push. Since she invited all the vampires too, they had to do it right at sundown, which turned out absolutely breathtaking.

Emily wore a beautiful simple long and flowing white dress that showed how slender she was. Sam was speechless and even began to cry, something the pack knew they would never let him forget.

Also, during the Summer, after Sam and Emily's wedding, Nahuel and Leah had their wedding.

Leah insisted it stay simple and didn't allow Aunt Alice to plan it. Aunt Alice was disappointed but she got over it quickly.

Claire was the flower girl this time and I was happy for her. She looked radiant and Quill thought so too.  

Winter brought the wedding of Paul and Rachel; Jacob's sister. Jacob had a little bit of a hard time with that one, but he was at least coping. Only because that was his sister.

I got to push Billy as he officially walked Rachel down the isle. I didn't mind because I would rather do that than drop flowers.

The following spring Kim and Jared got married on the beach like Emily and Sam had done.

Aunt Alice made sure it was still very unique and beautiful so they were in no way copying them except the location.

Grandma Renee never settled down with us and at first I was mad at Ayah for telling me other wise but I matured over the last two years

I understood Grandma's mind better as my powers grew too. She fell in love with another nomad vampire named Spencer and they both visited often.

Huilen found love too in a human but he too is now a vampire and they visit Nahuel and Leah often.

Huilen missed her old home and that is where she and her love continue to live today.

Nahuel and Leah stayed here though. Naheem and Lenny are their twin boys and they grow fast too, just not as fast as I do.

Tonya finally found her true love too. He is sweet and Tonya is so much happier now. Jason has a power similar to Uncle Jasper's but he can only calm one person at a time.

My great big happy family and I are so lucky to have one another.

By then I was all partied out and tired of dressing up all fancy. I was happy when I could get away with wearing a simple t-shirt and shorts to play in. That was until Aunt Alice would catch me.

I loved her very much but she was a bit much at times. I was happy when Alice and Jasper decided to take a vacation on Isle Esme for an entire month.

Uncle Jasper had been missing his alone time with his love as she was consumed with all the party planning.

Everybody became my teacher and each month that passed, I had passed to a new grade. I was finished with school and already studying college courses before I turned three.

Daddy taught me how to play the piano and everyone said I was better than Daddy was. I even wrote three of my very own compositions, which were a little childish at the time.

Now I look to be eleven years old. It is October and the cold weather has already set in. The tree's leaves changed and have fallen. This was my favorite time of year.

Claire was now six years old and has drifted away from me. She got a little jealous of me from growing faster than she did.

I was very sad by the lack of her friendship. Now I didn't have anyone that looked near my age to play with. Jacob and Uncle Emmet still played tag with me and even Uncle Jasper and Daddy join in sometimes but it wasn't the same as having a girl to play with.

Aunt Alice and Aunt Rosalie were excellent with throwing spa days for me but even that hadn't filled the empty space I had from not having Claire as a friend anymore.

Jacob grew more and more distant as I grew and became grumpy. He got very good at blocking his thoughts from me. Sometimes I suspected Mommy had something to do with that but when I asked her she denied it.

Over the years, her lying skills improved so I couldn't tell if it was the truth or not.

Uncle Jasper and I became closer. He seemed to be the only one to understand how I felt about being the odd one out.

He too had a hard time with feeling so different from the others. Of course, his problem was different from mine but the feelings were the same.

Grandpa Charlie and I still continue our fishing trips but they are not as frequent. He and Sue began dating openly and more frequently. (My little stunt with the flowers worked.) I liked seeing Grandpa happy and even Sue was happier too.

Ayah's visits were rare but very informative. I didn't develop anymore new powers but she was able to help me control and use mine. 

A month a go, after my fourth birthday she came to me again. This time she told me a little bit of my future in which I would receive a few more very special but very necessary gifts. 

I became a little impatient in what the new gifts would be because Ayah just had to leave that information out but at least Grandpaw Carlisle kept me occupied by teaching me surgery protocols and procedures.

I found his love for medicine and helping humans fascinating. I hoped that I too would one day help the humans.

Grandmqw Esme and I cooked muffins one afternoon. Seth came by to snag a whole basket of them for his Mom. I was sure he would eat half the basket before he got it to her so I told Grandmaw that we better pack more in the basket.

We had to giggle at Seth's expression of mock horror as he tried to reassure us he wouldn't eat any. That only made me laugh harder at him.

After asking him where Jacob was, he left. Jacob was on patrol with Leah and Nahuel. I wondered how Nahuel liked running with his wolf wife and her pack members. I had to admit, it was a strange thing to think about.