Chapter Five - One Years Old

Chapter Five

One Years Old

My first birthday! Mommy and Daddy took me out as soon as I woke, to hunt. Aunt Alice, Aunt Rosalie, Uncle Jasper, and Uncle Emmet joined us too.

Uncle Emmet wanted to catch me a bear for my birthday and I was ecstatic to watch. He liked to play with it first though.

I looked to Daddy. 'Does he always play with his food?'

'Always,' Daddy laughed.

I liked watching him, for a little while, but listening to the high-pitched squeals as the bears claws raked across his chest was becoming annoying.

The bear's blood wasn't that tasty either. After I finished I looked up to Uncle Emmet, "Uncle Em..."

"Yea," he looked up with a huge proud but goofy grin.

"It tastes too nutty," I commented with a little smack of my lips.

Everyone busted out laughing. Uncle Emmet shook his head and finally started to bellow out his loud roaring laugh too.

"Let's go get you a mountain lion," Uncle Jasper said as soon as his laughing was under control.

"I'm full from that nutty bear Uncle Jas," I said as I rubbed my tummy and a slight crook of the corner of my lip.

Everyone took another round of laughing. It was hysterical! I wondered to myself what it would look like to someone who would wander upon this scene; a little girl on top of a bear while a group of pale people were uncontrollably laughing.

Aunt Alice froze; Daddy looked up to her and blurred to get me.

"We have to go, hunters heard us laughing and if we don't move now they are going to find us," Daddy said in his superfast mode.

No one waited until he was finished talking before they all disappeared into the woods. As we each made it back to the house, they continued their laughing spell.

Grandpaw and Grandmaw came out to see the commotion and the Denali's followed too. Daddy told them what I had said and they too found it funny. They just didn't laugh as loud as we did because they didn't witness it.

I jumped down and ran up to show them. I wanted them to see exactly how funny it was. With that, they were pointing at Emmet and laughing away.

"Sorry Uncle Emmet," I said as I jumped on to his back, giving him a big hug. "I really liked my birthday present though! I had to show them how funny it was!" I continued to giggle.

Uncle Emmet yanked me off his back and began to tickle me. Aunt Alice saved me though.

"I have to get the birthday girl ready," she said before she stuck her tongue out at him.

Aunt Alice beautified me all over again. This time Mommy sat in the bathroom talking with us while Alice prepared me. I giggled.

"So how is it you can see my visions before I do?" Aunt Alice asked me nonchalantly as she polished my nails.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I didn't even notice I had that time. I was thinking how weird it would look to someone walking on to our little scene, and then you and Daddy froze."

"Hmm," she thought aloud. I touched her cheek, showing her how much I loved her and thanked her for making me beautiful.

"You were born beautiful Nessie. I'm just painting you," she laughed and Mommy laughed too.

Aunt Alice's eyes went blank and I saw what she did.

I smiled and busted out loud, "Yay, Grandpa Charlie is almost here!"