Chapter Seven - Snowmen & Snow Castles

Chapter Seven

Snowmen & Snow Castles

After what seemed to be an extra-long week, we were finally in Alaska with our cousin's. I was so ecstatic I could hardly sit still on the way there. Daddy grew a little annoyed at my excited mind as I thought of everything I wanted to do while visiting. He said he wasn't but I knew better.

I was thankful Uncle Emmet's attention span was as short as mine, for now anyway, because we both wanted to ride the snowmobiles already.

Tonya thought it to be silly for vampires to ride snowmobiles when we are so much faster than the noisy machines but shrugged and said for us to have fun. I was just about to ask her what was wrong but Daddy caught me before I could.

'No Ness, don't. She's just sad,' he said.

'Why Daddy,' I asked while I watched Jacob unload our snowmobiles from the trailers.

'It is a grown up thing Ness.' he said stiffly.

I held back a giggle and quickly got distracted with the snowmobiles.

"Thanks Jacob," I jumped on to mine which was hot pink and black.

We spent all afternoon driving through the snowy forest. It was so beautiful. I really liked it here but I loved Forks more.

Uncle Emmet thought of a new game and I shouted gleefully! Tag on snowmobiles. I laughed the entire time as we ended up circling each other as we tried to catch each other. I finally gave up; flipping off mine and on to Uncle Emmet's to tag him. What I hadn't counted on was my snow mobile continuing on without me and crashing into a tree doing a good thirty miles an hour.

Within three seconds, everyone surrounded Uncle Emmet, Jacob, and me.

"What happened?" Mommy shouted while looking from the wreckage to us.

I stood still while holding on to Uncle Emmet's neck from behind, as hard as I could. I heard his thoughts on how he was glad he was a vampire or I would have choked him to death already. But I couldn't give his thought any attention; I was worried from all the angry looking vampires around me.

"It's ok everyone. Renesmee was having so much fun that she forgot that the snow mobiles will continue to move even after letting the accelerator go," Daddy informed everyone.

He picked me up to hug me and Mommy joined. "You scared me Renesmee," Mommy whispered.

"I'm sorry everyone. I didn't mean to make you all worry and I didn't mean to crash it Uncle Emmet," I said as sincerely as I could in that moment.

"It's alright kiddo, I can get you a new one or Aunt Rosalie can fix that one," he laughed as he pointed to my now smoking heap of a snow mobile.

We didn't play tag on the snowmobiles again. It was all right; they were too slow after all. It was fun playing in the snow though. I really liked it when Jacob was his wolf because he looked so cute rolling in the snow. He would shake it off after he was done and it created a little snow storm all around him. It looked like he was in a snow globe.

After each fun filled day, I was always ready for sleep by the time we made it back to Tonya's. I couldn't keep my eyes open until my bedtime; I ended up falling asleep two hours before it instead.

Aunt Alice kept Kate busy with all the wedding plans. I sometimes caught Kate's thought of annoyance with Alice and longing for Garrett. Daddy had to remind her that I was there and could hear her thoughts.

She was so embarrassed and apologized repeatedly to me and Daddy. Mommy reassured her she understands because she has trouble with certain thoughts around me too when Daddy is around.