Chapter Eleven - Second Christmas & New Year

Chapter Eleven

Second Christmas & New Year

"Yay Christmas!" I shouted as soon as I woke up.

Mommy and Daddy were laughing as soon as they heard me and came into my room.

"Ready!" Mommy asked; she had a sweet tender smile.

"Yep," I said excitedly and finished pulling a sweater over my head. I was so excited to see everyone open the presents I got them.

As we reached the main house Grandmaw and Grandpaw were finishing up cooking tons of food for all the guests we would have coming and going all day.

We invited everyone to stop by whenever they wanted since, they were first going to spend time with their families. Only Jacob and Grandpa Charlie were going to stay all day.

Jacob was already there and he was all smiles as I hugged him tightly around his neck. He was even fully dressed for a change.

"Aw Jacob, you are wearing clothes and you look really nice," I smiled sweetly and he blushed, which made me giggle at him.

Uncle Emmet began his loud hysterics already and Jacob blushed again with embarrassment.

We waited until Grandpa Charlie arrived before we began to open presents and Jacob helped me pass out the gifts I got for everyone.

They loved everything I got them, even though it wasn't much but I knew it was the thought that counted.

I made Jacob open his last after everyone opened theirs. He was embarrassed but he smiled and opened it. He was speechless.

It was a coin edged titanium pendant with our names on the back in simple lettering; nothing extra. It hung on sturdy titanium linked chain that had links of thick stretchable material so he wouldn't break it when he transformed.

"Ha, now you will be the only wolf wearing jewelry," Emmet barked laughing. "No, no, a dog collar," he continued to laugh crazily.

"Uncle Emmet," I scolded.

"Sorry Kid. I had to," he continued to laugh and threw his hands up in the air like a crazy man.

Mommy, Daddy, and a few others too, had to snicker a little. Uncle Emmet made it impossible to sit still through one of his fits of laughter.

"Thank you Renesmee. I love it! I will always wear it! Even when I'm in wolf form," he said as he glared back to Emmet who was still laughing like a tickled child.

Jacob kissed my cheek and then handed me a present from him. I opened it impatiently and was shocked.

It was stunning and beautiful; a Tiffany Key Heart charm pendant in white gold with a blue sapphire. It hung on a beautiful beaded white gold chain that sparkled in the light.

I jumped into Jacob's arms and kissed his cheek. "Thank you Jacob!" I whispered into his ear as I hugged him.

Goosebumps traveled up his arms and he sat me back down slowly. I heard his thoughts to me on how that was a symbol of the key to his heart and that my heart was the key.

Daddy cleared his throat and we continued to open gifts. Aunt Alice of course went crazy with gifts to everyone and Mommy often rolled her eyes at her.

We had a wonderful Christmas morning with just us. Guests began to pop over in the afternoon to wish us Merry Christmas and give me gifts. We gave them gifts in return. Aunt Alice made sure we got everyone who would give me a gift a gift in return. She said it was only polite but I think she just wanted an excuse to go shopping.