Chapter Ten - Punishment

Chapter Ten

Punishment                                                                                                                                                                                     

Daddy didn't know what to ground me from since I didn't watch TV much and since I didn't have many other things human children have now.

Yes, I still had a lot but nothing Daddy wanted to take away from me and then he figured it out; an entire day without Jacob.

The most horrible thing I could have ever imagined. I was not only devastated but also heartbroken. He found the one thing that would make me think twice before acting out again.

Daddy figured Aunt Rosalie had thought of the entire ordeal with Fred but what I found out from Daddy was a lot more than what I ever got from Aunt Rosalie.

Fred did come looking for his friends yes, but he also had told everyone that he ran into a Volturi tracker in Georgia. Demetri, Aro's number one tracker was in the states.

They debated whether to take this threat seriously but after a day of talks, they realized they shouldn't worry about him for now. He was clear across the country and Fred said he didn't look like he was going anywhere in particular. He said he noticed Demetri had stayed in the same spot for over a week before Fred left the area. Like he was watching someone or waiting.

So with that, the tensions died and Fred left with the knowledge that his friends were gone.

Daddy called Jacob the night before my day of grounding so, he knew not to come by. It wasn't fair, Jacob didn't do anything wrong and he should be allowed to come over if he wanted to.

I moped around the house all day and often searched the tree line for any sign that Jacob maybe watching me. He wasn't even near. I read books all day and eventually fell asleep on the sofa.

Strange dreams played for me and at first, I knew they were dreams - then they turned surreal. We were at the big field we used to play baseball during thunderstorms and the one we used when the Volturi came.

This time I was older, grown up, and again we were facing the Volturi. Their numbers had grown and we were greatly outnumbered.

We didn't look scared or worried by the force that opposed us; instead, we looked happy and almost excited for being there.

What an odd dream? I was sure it to be a nightmare because it included the Volturi but I wasn't scared.

With my family and me in front of everyone, I lifted my hands into the air. Then the Volturi charged and I didn't take my eyes off the charging horde instead, I just smiled.

I saw the Volturi getting closer and right before they reached us I woke from my dream screaming because I just knew that we were all about to die. How else could we survive the onslaught that ensued on the battlefield? Even though I felt completely safe with my family in the dream, it had to be a false sense of safety.

Mommy and Daddy flew to my side looking me over to make sure I was all right as I panted to catch my breath. Uncle Emmet sat across from me with such a shocked and frightened expression.

"What happened to her Emmet?" Daddy yelled at him.

"She was sleeping Edward, and then she just sat up screaming." He was still very scared at what he just witnessed. I guess he never seen anyone wake from a nightmare screaming before.