Chapter Twelve - Fallen Ill

Chapter Twelve

Fallen Ill

Who knew the New Year would bring new plans and exciting news? I sure didn't but I was sure Aunt Alice saw at least one of them.  

Carmen and Eleazar decided to make their union official for the first time in front of the entire family. I was so happy for them and excited until, I found out I would be Carmen's flower girl. I knew I was the youngest in the family but seriously, I wasn't fond of walking in front of everyone all prettied up.

Since I loved Carmen I agreed. I asked her if I could pick out my own dress and she said yes. Jasper was a little trite because Aunt Alice became extremely busy in planning and preparing again.

Alice was constantly on the phone with Carmen and poor Uncle Jasper was always left just watching her with a longing expression.

He loved her so much that he would never tell her that he missed her because he knew she loved wedding planning.

I thought I should tell her but Daddy caught me and told me to stay out of it. I thought that was a little rude. She should know how much Uncle Jasper missed her. Daddy said she did know and for me to leave her alone.

Well, I didn't agree of course, and had to plan my own little intervention. I hated seeing Uncle Jasper so down. So when Daddy became wrapped up with Mommy one day I closed my mind off to him and snuck near Aunt Alice as she hung up the phone.

"Hey kiddo, you almost ready to pick out your dress," she asked me cheerfully.

"Aunt Alice, I think you need to take a trip with Uncle Jasper. He misses you so much," I whispered as quietly as I could but Daddy heard me anyway.

'Renesmee,' I heard him think loudly in a scolding manner.

"I know sweetheart. That is why he and I are going to Isle Esme in a few days before I am swamped with throwing the wedding together." She kissed my forehead.

No wonders Daddy told me to stay out of it. Aunt Alice wasn't blind to the love of her life. She knew exactly what she was doing.

I wish I could say the same thing about myself but I had to realize that even though I was mentally mature than most thirteen year olds, I was still immature in a lot of areas. I knew I would be in trouble again too because Daddy was waiting for me to come down stairs.

"How long are you going to be gone?" I asked. Now I was sad that they were leaving because I would miss them but knew they needed that time together.

"Just a week and we will be back before you know it. Ok?" She looked into my eyes to make sure I was all right and I nodded to her with a small smile. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and went down stairs to meet my fate with Daddy.

"Let's go," he said as he took mine and Mommy's hand.

He ran with us towards the meadow and slowed down as we neared. He kept his mind blank for the majority of the run but was now deciding on how to talk to me.

"I know you felt the need to help your Uncle Jasper sweetheart and I am happy you love him enough to point Alice towards her error but you didn't listen to me," he sighed heavily.

I looked to the ground and sighed too. Daddy got on his knees and wrapped his arms around me.

"You're not in trouble Renesmee but please listen to me. There are reasons why I tell you certain things like that. Being a mind reader makes it all that more difficult to not interfere but you are learning fast and I want you to know I will love you no matter what." He pulled me in for a hug.