Chapter Two - Grandpa Knows

Chapter Two

Grandpa Knows

The morning light brightened my room. Daddy instantly heard my waking thoughts and came right in with Mommy.

"What would you like to wear today Renesmee?" Mommy asked as she kissed me good morning.

I pressed my hand to her hard, cold, but beautiful face to show her the image of one of the many new dresses in my closet that Aunt Alice got for me.

It was a beautiful hot pink taffeta dress with beige velvet stripes running through the fabric. Lined with a built in slip for fullness and short sleeves. Under the hemline was a ruffle of gathered light beige tulle and the waist trimmed in a beige velvet ribbon. I loved it and loved the feel of it on me. I felt like a princess!

Before I was finished showing Mommy which dress, Daddy had already gotten it. "Let's put this on after we get back from hunting," Daddy said with a smirk.

On the way back home after our fast meal, Jacob as his wolf caught up with us. Daddy listened to him and spoke.

"Yes, we were talking about that last night. We think it would be best if you did come. Nessie will be plenty nervous and I think your presence will not only help her but Charlie too."

I instantly smiled. "Yay!" I shouted and did a summersault out of Mommy's arms.

Mommy, Daddy and Jacob all laughed at me. I rode the rest of the way back on Jacob. He was so soft, warm, and furry. I liked digging my fingers into his fur.

Daddy grabbed our clothes and we went to Grandmaw's to change. Aunt Alice was waiting for me. She knew I wanted her to fix my hair. She put it up in cute little pigtails with the same kind of beige satin that was on my dress.

I went down the stairs to the living area and saw that even Jacob had dressed up nice. He looked at me and smiled so big!

"Ah Ness, You're so pretty! But then again you are always pretty," Jacob said with a cute crooked grin.

Daddy cleared his throat and Jacob rolled his eyes. He seems to do that to Jacob a lot I noticed. We didn't run to Grandpa's, instead we took Daddy's car. I sat on Mommy's lap on the way there. I would have sat by Jacob in the back but Mommy insisted I sit with her.

"Renesmee, everything will be fine. Stop fidgeting please," Daddy said to me.

We stayed quiet the rest of the way there but as soon as we parked in the drive Jacob barreled out of the car and stretched. Grandpa opened his front door before Mommy even got her car door open.

"Nessie! My, you're so pretty! Hi Bells! Jacob, Edward," he nodded to each of them.

I softly jumped into Grandpa's arms and he hugged me tightly! His facial whiskers tickled my neck and I giggled.

"Come on in guys," Grandpa waved for everyone.

Once inside I made myself comfortable next to Grandpa. Mommy and Daddy stayed standing in front of the television. I felt Grandpa tense up and shift in his seat. Jacob stayed outside for now. He made the excuse that he wasn't finished stretching his legs when in fact he was giving us time alone with Grandpa.

"What's up guys?" Grandpa Charlie asked in a nervous, scruffy voice.

Mommy looked very scared and just turned her gaze to Daddy to start.

"Charlie, I know you only wanted the need-to-know version of us-"

"Wait!" Grandpa interrupted Daddy, "I really don't need to know any more than I already do." He shifted in his seat again.