Ghosted

Lydia is in the locker room washing her hands in front of the mirror. Her reflection suddenly shifts to that of another woman with wild curly blond hair (Meghan McGarry). He reaches out to the mirror and is pulled inside. Lydia is suddenly at a street fair in the town of Canaan (Lanterman Developmental Center - Pomona, California). She races to catch up with the blond woman as families enjoy a cookout and Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf" plays on a boom box. A banner hung over the street proclaims this the "35th Annual Canaan Day."

A rickety carousel spins slowly with children riding on faded and badly paint-chipped horses. Lydia notices one of the horses, a black one, is covered in blood.

The skies darken and chaos ensues. A man runs from a house and disappears in a puff of green smoke. Screaming people run in all directions. Each eventually disappears in the same fashion until only the blond woman remains. She screams into the lightning, thunder and wind, "It's not real." Lydia reaches out and touches her shoulder and the woman ages to an old woman in a flash. Lydia screams.

~~~

Scott tells Noah Stilinski about their recent radio contact with Stiles. The sheriff is unconvinced. He says it could be just a random signal cross. Scott produces the keys and explains how Peter provided them and that they fit Claudia Stilinski's Jeep which started easily. Noah is suspicious of Peter Hale suggesting that he too now remembers the former Alpha.

Scott pleads with the sheriff, but the older man shuts him down, refusing to believe that he has a son that he doesn't remember. He shoves the keys back at Scott.

~~~

"You saw a carousel?" Malia asks.

"And a big sign that said "Canaan," and people disappearing in clouds of smoke," Lydia repeats.

"Do you ever have nice dreams?"

"I doubt that," Brett comments.

"We need to go to Canaan," Lydia reminds them of the topic.

"It would be helpful if we knew anything about the place. I keep calling the number for City Hall, and no one answers. The only map I can find it on is thirty years old. So far, the only thing I know about Canaan is where it is," Malia complains.

"That's all we need to know,"

~~~

Liam and Hayden walk to class. He explains that Scott is okay with "the plan" as long as they don't destroy his house. Hayden is confused, she doesn't know what plan he's talking about. He reminds her that she had some ideas about catching a Ghost Rider but she says they were bad plans. As they discuss breaking into the Faculty Storage Room, Garrett Douglas overhears them. Liam says that to save the whole school from Ghost Riders he has no problem breaking and entering.

~~~

Melissa and Reed examines Argent's wounds. The lash mark is green and steams slightly. Reed makes a disgusted face.

"It's spreading, isn't it?" Argent asks.

"Noooo," Reed denies. Melissa shoots him a look.

"You don't want to know. Uh, how did a whip do this?" Melissa asks.

"It was supernatural," Reed says and then pulls a face. "I guess that's just the answer to all our questions at this point,"

"Don't write it on your exam," Cheryl says. Reed's face falls into a scowl.

"So you're back?" 

"No, this is just a halucination," 

"I wouldn't be surprised," Argent says and Reed snorts.