Relics: part i

Its night time, a cricket chirps and an owl hoots. In the middle of the woods, Chris Argent is next to a tree. He hears a sound and prepares to shoot who did it with his rifle but then he puts it down when he realizes it's Melissa and Reed. Chris sighs in relief and exasperation.

"You might wanna think twice before you sneak up on a man holding a loaded M24," Argent points out. 

"I wasn't sneaking up on you. I was catching up with you," Melissa replies and Reed snorts before shaking his head. Argent doesn't look at all surprised by this news as though he already knew she was close to him.

"Don't act like you didn't know. You probably heard her a mile back," Reed points out as he walks past Argent to get a look at the suroundings.

"I found a low branch with my face. How can you see anything around here?" Melissa explains and then asks. 

"Practice. What're you doing, Melissa?" 

"We thought maybe you could need some back-up. Which way?"

"We?" Reed questions with a raised eyebrow. Argent and Reed share a look, both clearly not wanting to put Melissa's life at risk.

"You can leave out here alone with a stun gun and a box of band-aids or we can just keep going. It's up to you." Argent and Reed seem to debate with their eyes before both sigh.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here when I could be nestled in at home reading a book. That's because I'm sick of seeing people that I care about wheeled past the nurse's station on a hammock. All of you are here risking your lives... and is about time for me to do something too." Both Reed and Argent turn to Melissa with a serious look.

"Who might experience, tracking homicidal supernaturals... is best to be quiet. Once Melissa promises to be quiet, Argent turns to his front and has his rifle to defend himself as Melissa keeps behind but bumps into Argent when he stops for a moment.

"What is it?" Melissa asks. Reed and Argent give her a pointed look and she repeats her words more quietly. "What is it?" Argent, Reed and Melissa walk toward what Argent saw and Melissa uses her lantern to see through the dark and they find a bike next to a tree and another one a few feet away from the first one. Chris and Melissa notice a bicycler in the floor and Melissa places her hand on him to check his pulse and verify if he's alive or dead.

"He's dead," Reed says without looking at the body as he seems to search the woods with his eyes. Melissa and Chris look at the bicycler, lamenting they couldn't do anything to save him until blood falls onto the boy's face. Melissa points her lantern to the tree where the blood fell and she and Chris see another bicycler, badly wounded. They gasp in shock and suddenly, the girl opens her eyes, revealing to be alive.

"It's okay. You're gonna be okay," Melissa reassures. The bicycler agitates and bleeds blood before she falls from the tree and lands on the ground, dead. Melissa points her lantern to bicycler's head and reveals wounds on her neck. She kneels down to get the girl's pulse, shaking her head.

"How could she survive like that?" Argent asks. Melissa and Reed look at each other.

"One, maybe two minutes," Melissa eventually answers. A sound makes both of them look up. Argent raises his gun but Reed signals him to wait.

"Is it a Werewolf?" Melissa asks.

"Werecoyote, actually. And she's coming right at us." Melissa notices Chris with his rifle pointed at Malia, realizing only one thing.

"You're not gonna hurt her, are you?" Melissa asks.

"No. I'm gonna wing her," Argent replies. Argent points his rifle at Malia and, with luck, shoots her, causing her to fall to the ground. The trio walks toward Malia and when they approach her, she is growling, turns around and reveals her blue eyes and fangs and roars at them. Melissa and Chris look a bit scared at Malia roaring at them.