Heart Monitor-Night School

A few days later Lydia and Allison are lunching and talking about the history project. 

"La Bete killed over 100 people-" Allison reads out of a book as Selene sits down with them and cuts her off. 

"Closer to 500. Little thing, La Bete is believed to be an animal but that's impossible" Selene says as she puts some of her food in her mouth. 

"Why?" Allison asks. 

"Because animals aren't really killers, they're predators. They kill to survive. Which means they eat their prey. La Bete just killed them" Selene explains. 

"How do you know so much about it?" Allison asks while Lydia pretends to snore. 

"I lived in France for a while after... You know" Selene says and Allison nods. 

"Now it got interesting. Why did you move to France" Lydia asks. 

"Lydia" Allison says warningly but Lydia ignores it. 

"Maybe another time. Bye" Selene says and gets up.

~~~ 

The rest of the day goes by quickly again. The night does not. Late at night, the bell goes off and not once. It's like the bell is pressed every second. Selene opens the door angrily. 

"What!?" she asks and then her eyes go wide at the wounded Derek in front of her. "Oh, my God," She says and helps him inside. Elias runs down the stairs too, together with a teenager. "Elias, Reed, get him to the, uh, you know, the uhm-" Selene struggles with her words as she is in total panic. 

"We know, go get the stuff upstairs" the teenager, Reed, calms her down and she nods. He and Elias take over Derek and drag him to another room while she runs up the stairs. 

She runs back down and it's like she's a totally different person. Her mind is focused on one thing and it isn't panic. She puts her hair in a ponytail while walking down the hall, into the room. 

"What happened?" she asks for the analysis Reed most likely already made. 

"Alpha wounds. They're healing, but slowly and he's lost a lot of blood" Reed answers. 

"Blood type?" Selene asks while looking at Elias. 

"B neg" Elias says. Selene turns around to the fridge into the large white room. She takes out a blood bag and then turns to Reed. She hands him the bag. 

"How much did he lose?" she asks. 

"Not sure, a lot on the way here. I'm guessing a little less than 40%" Reed says. 

"What? We gotta work quick" She states and hands him a few more bags. 

"Are you ready?" Reed asks. 

"Always" Selene answers.

Later, while the sun is starting to come up, Selene is washing the blood off her hands. 

"You did well, like always," Reed says taking an apple and taking a bite out of it. 

"Thank you" she sighs and closes the faucet. 

"I'm going to shower," she says and Reed nods. 

"Don't forget to eat later!"  He yells and Selene laughs while walking up the stairs. 

~~~

She comes back down and Derek is leaning against the doorframe. 

"You saved my life again" he states. 

"I had helped" she states. She sits down and puts a grape in her mouth. 

"Why? You clearly have a pack, so that can't be why. Why do you keep helping me and Scott?" he asks. She sighs and gets up from the chair. 

"When I was young I couldn't protect someone I cared about. I don't want anyone losing someone like I did" She says while biting her lip. 

"Thank you," Derek says and Selene smiles. 

"You're welcome," Selene says and Reed walks through the door. 

"Hey, Cheryl's here to give me a ride. You should probably leave too" Reed advises and Selene nods. 

"I'll see you later, I guess," Selene says and Derek nods.