A Novel Approach

Stiles struggles with Donovan in the parking lot of the school. Stiles manages to get away, head butting him and striking him with a wrench. He flees into the school. Donovan follows. A mouth, like the one seen on his hand earlier, appears on his neck briefly then disappears. Stiles uses his student ID to access the library keycard reader and unlock the doors. Donovan does the same with another key card a few seconds later. 

Stiles phone buzzes. Donovan picks it up and says it is Malia and offers to text her back. Donovan tells a story about how his father became paralyzed in a shootout. A bullet shattered his T-9 vertebra. Sheriff Stilinski, a deputy at the time, was calling for backup at the time and Donovan believes this to be cowardice on his Stilinski's part. He says his father was paralyzed from the waist down by the incident and he blames the Sheriff.

Stiles, from his hiding place among the rows of books, sees Donovan climb the stairs but seconds later Donovan is on the same level and grabs Stiles by the throat pulling him through the bookshelf. They struggle over to some scaffolding repairmen are using to do construction on the interior. Stiles begins to climb. Donovan quickly grabs his legs and says he plans to eat them. His eyes flash white showing that the Dread Doctors used Wendigo as part of his chimeric genetic makeup.

Stiles sees a pin with a ring just above him. It is holding up part of the structure and he grasps for it. Finally getting hold and pulling it out, he releases several metal bars on top of Donovan. He falls backwards impaled on one of the bars.

Stiles approaches and starts to try and pull the bar out of Donovans' chest but stops. Donovan gasps, coughs and dies. The doctors silver fluid flows from the wound.

A 911 call is displayed via a graphical sound wave on screen. The caller does not speak but can be heard breathing. The operator asks several times about the nature of the emergency. Another voice is heard asking where the call is coming from. The operator says the school and they dispatch a car to check it out.

Stiles hangs up the phone in the library. He looks again at Donovan's body then makes to head outside leaving a book to prop the door open. Then he hears his phone buzzing. He returns to retrieve it from Donovan's pocket. The call is from Malia. He rejects the call, then runs out the door.

Stiles manages to start his jeep then sits for a moment trying to figure out what to do. He hears sirens, turns off the headlights and backs into a darkened corner of the parking lot as the sheriff's patrol truck pulls into the lot. Stiles watches as the deputy enters the school. He is nervous and out of sorts. His hands are still covered in Donovan's blood and he can't keep them still.

The deputy exits the school and radios back to dispatch. Stiles quickly turns on his scanner and hears the officer say the call was a "653" which is a "prank call" in the Beacon Hills department. The officer drives away. Stiles returns to the school and finds the library clean. Donovan's body is gone and there is no obvious sign of the earlier struggle but Stiles touches one of the steel beams and his hand comes away wet with fresh blood.

~~~

Kira and Scott are in bed together. She is talking in her sleep repeating the Japanese phrase she used when attacking Lucas. Scott's phone beeps. He picks it up and sees that the alarm at the animal clinic has been tripped.

Back at home now, Stiles writes up three scenarios on his "murder board" – "Donovan not dead. Walked out," "Donovan Dead" and "Someone took the body." He seems near tears, lower lip quivering, as he frantically erases the list. He throws the eraser at the board and begins to rub his shoulder where Donovan's hand "bit" him. 

Stiles phone buzzes. He answers and Scott tells him someone has stolen the body of from the Animal clinic and Lucas's body from the hospital morgue. Stiles looks up and sees Selene.