Damnatio Memoriae

Beacon Hills Sheriff's dispatch radios an 11-5 (public relations assistance request) at the communication towers off Cypress Lane. The request comes from "Beacon Hills Telecom." Hearing the report, Deputy Clark radios back that she is in the area and will check it out. Dispatch reports a technician was sent over an hour ago and has not reported back.

Clark has her sister in the Sheriff's patrol vehicle. She's been driving Hayden to work each night due to her three-day "disappearance". Arriving at the location, Clark tells Hayden to say in the truck while she goes inside to investigate.

Clark finds the tech's truck still running and heads inside the building. Hayden, still in the car, hears someone whisper, "Help me." She gets out of the vehicle and catches Liam's reflection in the glass. Startled, she swings a fist at him. He ducks.

As they talk, Liam explains that he's sent Hayden several texts and she's been ignoring him. She makes a show of complaining that he left her for dead but he points out that she was actually dead. She tells him to go.

Deputy Clark finds the technician laying on the floor with a slashed neck and covered in blood. He whispers "Still here." As he tries to say more, he gasps and dies.

Clark looks up in time to see an enormous clawed hand rising from the shadows. The claws pierce a steam pipe and a cloud engulfs the creature beyond. White eyes glow in the mist. Clark drops her flashlight at the creature bounds past her.

Making its way to the surface, it throws a gate in the direction of Liam and Hayden. Both take off running. Clark makes it outside and screams for Hayden to run.

The teens run through the woods. The creature is close behind. Coming to a ravine, Liam seems at a loss but Hayden says they can jump it. She makes it across with room to spare. Liam barely makes the other side and is hanging on to the edge of the cliff.

The creature catches up, leaps the ravine and comes at them from the other side. Liam pulls Hayden down and they both fall to the ravine bottom.

~~~

A few minutes later Hayden slaps Liam awake. She says she's just making sure he's alive. Liam explains that he can't move his legs and thinks his back may be broken. Hayden asks if he'll heal and, hearing that he will eventually, starts to walk away. Liam wants her to stay but she says she needs to make sure her sister is all right. She also points out that Liam pulled her off a cliff and she's lucky that she healed. Liam says he saved her life to which she responds, "This time." Liam asks who saved her last time and she tells him it was Theo.

~~~

The prison transport driver who was attacked while taking Donovan to jail remains hospitalized. Tracy and Theo enter his room. Recognizing Tracy from the night of the attack the officer reaches for his call button but Theo moves it out of reach. He asks Tracy if she wants him to kill the man for her. Tracy says her father defended someone on death row and she knows how lethal injection works. She pierces the IV bag with a claw and injects Kanima venom into it. The man dies within a few seconds. Tracy smiles slightly.

~~~

Deputy Parrish shows Scott the video from the attack at the Beacon Hills Telecom site. They can clearly see the large creature exiting the building. They discuss the fact that it's big and too fast for anyone to get a good look at it. Scott realizes it's the last chimaera. Inside they use a black light (UV) to show the mercury fumes rising off the scene of the attack. They wonder why it would kill a random tech and Scott suggests that maybe the creature just likes to kill.

Scott asks Parrish how many bodies he sees when he dreams about the Nemeton. Parrish says, "Everyone."

~~~