Superposition

In a clearing between the preserve and the high school's lacrosse field, thunder rumbles overhead as a wave of fog travels across the grass. Suddenly, multiple lightning strikes hit the field just as dozens of Ghost Riders on horses appear out of nowhere, galloping quickly in a large swarm. Meanwhile, Scott, Brett and Liam are on the lacrosse field, practicing their shots, when Scott suddenly turns toward the source of the neighing and thundering hooves, though he cannot see anything. After a moment, Scott frowns in confusion.

"Did you feel that?" Scott asks.

"Feel what?" Brett replies confused. Scott hesitates for a moment before shaking his head.

"Thought I heard something..." Scott answers. He pauses a moment longer before shrugging it off. 

"Forget it. All right, let's keep going" Liam rolls his eyes, clearly ready to go home for the night, especially when he hears the thunder overhead. 

"Or we could call it" Liam proposes.

"We gotta work on your back shots" Scott points out. Both other boys frown at Scott's words.

"Why?" Liam asks.

"Liam, they suck" Liam looks at Scott with an offended expression.

"What are you talking about?" 

"Your backshots-- which suck." Liam shoots Scott another look before sighing and scooping up a ball before lobbing backshot after backshot at Scott, who misses every one and lets it hit the net of the goal. Scott frowns when he realizes he was mistaken about Liam's poor performance and looks at him apologetically. "I must've been thinking of someone else" 

"Yeah. Maybe someone else who should be captain?" Scott and Brett give Liam a reassuring expression.

"You'll make it" Brett tries to reassure him. Just then, someone shuts off the lights illuminating the field one by one, plunging the area into darkness and causing Liam to give Scott a smug look.

"Well, guess we'll have to go now" Liam points out. Scott and Brett share a smug expression of their own.

"No, we don't" Brett replies. Scott and Brett both glow their eyes, Brett their amber gold and Scott their blaze red. Liam reluctantly allows his eyes to flash amber gold so he can do the same as the three continue their practice.

Physics with Mason and Corey

Inside the physics classroom, Mason, Corey, Lori and a few other students are working on an experiment for extra credit. They mix iron filings into a putty mixture to create a magnetic putty or slime. Mason admits that he doesn't need the extra credit because he has a 4.9 GPA. He says it is one of his favourite labs but it's clear he's there to help with Corey whose GPA is a 2.7. Mason points out that Corey works two jobs and that dying didn't help with his grade point average. Mason worries that Corey is mad because he's trying to help. Corey says he's furious and then kisses him. Lori leans over to the person she's working with.

"They really are cute together, aren't they?" Lori asks and the girl next to her nods in agreement.

With the putty done, Mason places a magnet nearby and it flies across the counter and into the gelatinous mass. Then other metal objects, much further away, begin to slide toward the putty suggesting the magnetic field is much stronger than intended. 

All of the students watch in a mix of intrigue and fear as all of the metal objects on the workbench slide into the putty. They are all so distracted by this unexpected reaction that they're all extremely startled when Coach Finstock bursts into the room and shouts at them with a glare.