The Benefactor

A helicopter, spotlight shining, circles above Beacon Hills Hospital. On the roof, Stilinski along with and several other officers are cataloguing the crime scene. Sean's corpse lies where it fell after the Mute killed it.

Sheriff Stilinski has Parrish clear the roof and seal the scene so that he can consult with an "expert" about the scene. Parrish is surprised that the sheriff has "an expert on teenage cannibals" but does as he is ordered.

Derek Hale seems to appear out of nowhere once the officers leave. The Sheriff explains what Scott told him about Sean being a Wendigo. Derek describes them as "cannibalistic shapeshifters" and says they've not been in Beacon Hills for a long time. He suggests Sean's family was well hidden.

Derek then catches the scent of blood. Scott claimed it was just Sean, the assassin and himself on the roof – but Derek says there was a fourth person, a young male.

~~~

Stiles, Liz and Scott arrive back at the McCall House.

"Like I said, I told my dad everything I could--" Stiles says

"But you didn't tell him about Liam?" Scott cuts his friend off

"You barely told us about Liam! What did you do with him, anyway?" Stiles asks and Liz seems to be in shock of Scott's stupidity.

"He's upstairs..."

"Doing what?"

"...Lying down..." Liz narrows her eyes at Scott and runs up the stairs. She runs into Scott's bathroom and sees Liam laying in the bathtub, wrapped in duct tape. Stiles and Scott also walk into the bathroom and Liz sighs.

"You guys are idiots" Liam – mouth covered by tape – grunts and whimpers at Scott and Stiles from the tub. Scott and Stiles go back to Scott's room and Liz kneels down in front of Liam. "This is gonna hurt, if you scream or whatever I'm putting it back up. Understand?" Liz asks and Liam nods. Liz rips the tape off and Liam yelps but then quickly shuts up.

"Why do you always hang out with people who're asses to me?" Liam asks her.

"'Cause my taste in friends is almost as bad as Selene's" Liz sighs. Scott and Stiles come back into the room and pick up Liam. They move Liam from the tub to a chair in Scott's room.

"Okay, Liam... Now, you've seen a lot of confusing things tonight. And more confusing things are going to happen because of the confusing things that happened tonight. Do you understand?" Stiles explains and Liz frowns. She's standing in a corner of the room.

"Not really..." Liam replies.

"Good. That's good" Stiles says sarcastically.

"I don't understand, either..." Scott says.

"Maybe you should tell him" Stiles proposes.

"Tell me what?" Liam demands.

"Liam... What happened to you... what I did to you... which I had to do to save you? It's going to change you..." Scott says.

"Unless it kills you" Liz points out.

"What?!" Liam exclaims.

"Uh... Uh-oh. Oh-oh... Is he... Is he crying?" Stiles asks.

"Liam, it's okay. You're going to be all right. You're not going to die" Scott tries to reassure him.

"Probably not.." Liz adds.

"Are you kidding me? We just got relieved from Isaac's pessimism, now we got you" Stiles states and Liz snorts.

"You haven't even met Selene's boyfriend yet"