The Tell

Today is Allison's birthday. Selene walks up to Allison as she opens her locker. Balloons come flying out and Allison tries to push them back in.

"I told Lydia you weren't going to like that" Selene admits and Allison turns around with an annoyed expression. 

"How did you two know?" she asks. 

"I know everything. And Lydia asked your aunt. Now, happy birthday" Selene says and pulls out a yellow box. Allison opens it and laughs. 

"Subtle," Allison says. "Are your parents going to the parent/teacher thing?" Allison asks. 

"No, my mom's out of town and my grades are good" Selene explains. 

"And your dad?" Allison asks and Selene's eyes fall to the ground as she bites her lip. "Ow" Allison realises what her reaction means. "I'm sorry, I didn't-" Allison starts but Selene looks up and smiles weakly. 

"It's fine" she smiles and leaves.

~~~

The rest of the day goes by quickly. Selene checks up on Lydia but her mother said that she's asleep. So Selene moves on. She knows Derek and Scott went somewhere yesterday and goes to Derek's house to find out what they found.

Outside the house, Selene hears groaning and electricity crackling faintly. She runs inside. 

"Derek!" she yells and two pair eyes turn to her. 

"Selene, leave" Derek warns, he's clearly hit by the cattle-prod taser the familiar-looking woman has in her hand. 

"And who are you?" the woman asks clearly intrigued. 

"The person who's going to kick your ass" Selene states and lashes out. Not being an idiot, Selene pushes the cattle-prod taser out of the woman's hands. Again not being an idiot, she doesn't use her werewolf powers but skill. She overpowers the woman and both the woman and Derek look impressed. Selene looks at Derek and helps him up. 

They turn back around and see the woman is gone. "Are we going after her?" Selene asks, her eyes fixated on the spot the woman was a minute ago. 

"No" Derek answers. 

"The Alpha will" Selene states and turns around. 

"What?" Derek asks confused. 

"I think I figured it out. Not who he or she is but who it kills" Selene explains. "Garrison Myers, he was a school bus driver, however, before that he was an insurance investigator who was involved in the fire. The guy who was just murdered, Levesque, some people I know told me he sold illegal fire things before he almost got caught. I think the killer is going after people who had to do with the Hale fire" Selene explains. Derek looks away angrily. "Ow come on. You can't act like this is just coincidence. What if it's your uncle? It's the perfect cover" Selene says but Derek doesn't react. "Really mature," Selene says and leaves.