7| Kneel

Chapter 7: Kneel (Brielle's POV)

I am currently pacing in my room at midnight. 

"Peach, can I leave?" 

"No," I huffed. 

Ms. Jenny continued sitting at the edge of my bed, barely awake. 

"It's done. I'm running away. Help me pack, please." 

"Why?" she whined. "I really don't see the problem here. When you came back home this afternoon, you told me you had a plan, you even acted like it. You said you would bring him to his knees and make him a husband who bows down to you. What happened to your confidence?" 

"It was buried six feet under when I realized I will have to spend the rest of my life with him, pretending that I'm happy and in love with him. Even in an arranged marriage, we're still expected to act that way. And I didn't even think about all the responsibilities that come with being a princess!" 

"There are none, honey. You just have to look pretty and pop out babies." 

"Ms. Jenny!" 

She laughed, standing up and grabbing my arms, making me sit on the bed. "Talk to him. Set some rules and conditions. And if after a year of being married, you're still unhappy, then have an affair," she shrugged. "Nobody cares. He just needs someone who can handle him and look good with him. And you, Peach, are the prettiest of them all, okay? Now, go to sleep. You have lunch with them tomorrow at the palace. I'll bring your dress in the morning, hmm?" 

"Goodnight," I mumbled, lying down. 

"Goodnight," she chuckled, flicking the lights off on her way out. 

I. Will. Die.

I rolled over onto my stomach, sighing into my pillow. 

Just face it, Brielle. You're about to marry your worst enemy. Big deal. Deal with it. You can do this. I can do this. 

"Peach!" 

I rubbed my eyes, letting out a groan when Ms. Jenny pulled back the curtains. "Why?" I whined. 

"I know you don't want to face reality yet, but you leave for lunch in two hours. Get up and ready, come on." 

I opened my eyes, staring at the ceiling. "I'll kill him." 

"Isn't that a lovely thought to have when you wake up?" she laughed. 

I sat up and headed to the bathroom to shower and freshen up, taking my dress from her. I went and showered, leaving my hair as it is. I stared at the dress, happy with how it looked. I remember buying this but not getting a chance to wear it. Today seems good enough. It makes me look a little older than I am. I put half of my hair up in a ponytail with a matching pink hair tie and then sprayed perfume all over myself before grabbing matching ballet flats and pulling those on. I put on a little mascara and clear gloss and then went downstairs, ready to leave. 

I got to sleep in today because I had nothing to do until lunch so I'm hungry as it is because I missed breakfast. 

We filed into the car and Mr. Naveen started driving. Once again, I was the last one out of the car and the only one thanking him. Sometimes, I think have better manners than my parents because Ms. Jenny raised me for the most part and not them. If my parents raised me, I promise, they'd be dead by now. I would have had them assassinated or something. I always feel like my father would do that to someone if needed. 

I followed them inside, all of us being led to the dining room by Mr. Garry, who I am very well familiar with. I forget that I used to come here all the time as a kid. And he would always come over to my house too.