33| Collapse

Chapter 33: Collapse (Brielle's POV)

"I think it's been ten minutes of us just staring at each other now," I chuckled, not removing my gaze from his. 

He didn't say anything in response and just continued staring at me. 

"Please stop, you're making me blush," I mumbled, trying not to smile as I turned my head to the window while I lay on my stomach. 

"You're blushing when I look at you, you didn't blush at all during everything we just did," he laughed. 

I turned back around to look at him while pulling the sleeves of his full-sleeve black v-neck down. The sleeves fell way past my hands now. 

"Come here," he nodded. 

I scooted closer to him, lying down on top of him, resting my chin on his chest. We were just dwelling in silence. "Isn't this the time you should say something poetic?" I whispered. 

He chuckled, twirling a strand of my hair around his finger. "You want to hear something poetic?" 

I nodded. 

"Collapse into me. Just once. I promise you'll never have to fall again." 

I blinked, staring at him. "That's really pretty. Who said that?" 

"I'm not too sure. I found it written on the back of a postcard when I was at a bookstore a long time ago. So, will you?" 

"What?" I raised my eyebrows at him. 

"Collapse into me?" 

"Are you asking me to fall in love with you?" I smiled, bringing my lips closer to his. 

He nodded in response. "Because I am. Falling in love with you." 

"Didn't I just tell you in the pool not to fall just yet?" I whispered. 

"I haven't fallen yet." 

I stared at him, smiling. 

"But I will soon. I'm afraid right now," he said as I leaned in to kiss him. 

"Of what? Kisses aren't scary," I chuckled. 

"No, they aren't. But I am afraid of falling in love with you and you not falling for me." 

I pressed a kiss to his jaw and heard him let out a strangled sigh. 

"If we kiss, I'm a goner. I can't help falling in love with you then," he replied. 

I didn't even hesitate for a second after that before I leaned down and kissed him. And right when he started getting into it again, I pulled away and rolled off of him. 

He huffed, "You're such a tease." 

"It's nearly four in the morning, we have to sleep, River." 

"I'm not tired, I want to go again," he said, sounding determined. 

"No, it's way too late and for the record, your parents wake up in two hours, in case you're forgetting. Your parents are such early risers, how do you have trouble sleeping at night?" I asked while he grabbed my waist and pulled me into him. 

"Don't change the subject," he smirked. 

"No," I laughed, shaking my head. 

"Brielle Grimaldi." 

I smiled. How could I not? "River, we had our fair share for tonight, okay. Three times is a lot." 

"Not in my book."