29| Handsy

Chapter 29: Handsy (Brielle's POV)

The next morning, I woke up before him, and as much as I wanted to run away, I didn't. But I should at least freshen up. I pulled myself away from him and sat up on the bed, swinging my legs off the edge but just as I was about to pull my flip flops on, he grabbed my waist, put an arm around me from behind, and pulled me back to him. 

"Where do you think you're going?" he mumbled sleepily. His voice sent chills down every inch of my body. Why have I never paid attention to how he sounds when he wakes up? 

"To the bathroom," I mumbled. 

He kept his hold on me while pulling me to lay back down, that way he was spooning me. 

I grabbed his arm, slowly lifting it off and turning around to face him. His eyes were still closed but I knew he was awake now. Should I try getting up again?

"Don't even think about it," he sighed, pulling me closer. 

"You have to let me go to the bathroom," I chuckled, staring at his face. I lifted one hand and brushed his hair back. The last time I did that, he threw my hand off. This time, when I started pulling my hand back, he grabbed my wrist and put my hand on his cheek. I started stroking his skin with my thumb while glancing at the clock. Breakfast would be ready in thirty minutes. "We should get ready," I said, tracing his eyebrow with my pointer finger, delicately. 

"Hmm," he mumbled, slowly opening his eyes. He blinked once. Then twice. "Why do you look so pretty in the mornings?" 

"I do?" I chuckled, amused at his antics. 

"Hmm," he nodded. "When I wake up before you, I look at you and think of that. Of how pretty you are." 

Is he sure he doesn't like me? Because he doesn't act like it. And am I sure I'm not just lusting after him? Because I acted like I was more interested in the sex than he ever has. 

"Let me go, please," I smiled softly. 

He groaned and then pulled away, pulling the blanket over his head. "You're mean," he scoffed. 

I rolled my eyes and pulled the blanket down. He rolled over so his back faced me. I put the blanket back over his head and climbed out of bed, going into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and splashed some water on my face before applying lotion and sunscreen and then went back out. 

He was lying flat on his stomach now, hugging the pillow under his chin. 

I walked over to his side of the bed, sitting beside him. "Wake up." I shook him lightly but he didn't respond. "Hey," I sang, scratching his back a few times. 

He shifted closer to me. "I'm not being a dick right now, make good use of it," he murmured. 

I climbed on top of him, lying down on his back, my stomach down. I rested my chin on his shoulder blade while tugging his earlobe between my fingers. "Breakfast is soon, hurry and wake up," I whispered in his ear. "Come on, wake up." I patted his arms before getting off of him and opening the closet. 

I grabbed a thin white cropped sweater and a cool-toned, plaid skirt to go with it and then changed in the closet itself, closing the doors behind me because I did hear him going into the bathroom just a minute ago. I adjusted myself and then stepped out, looking in the full-body mirror. I adjusted the top, tucking it into the skirt, and then waited for him to come out. When he did, neither of us said anything. 

He went to the closet to grab his clothes and change and I grabbed my hairbrush, brushing it through before putting it up in a high ponytail. 

I was holding my hair in my hand, smoothing out any bumps, and had my hair tie between my teeth when he walked into the bathroom, still shirtless but he had his sweatpants replaced with black trousers. He put his hands on my waist from behind and looked over my head as if he were looking for something.