11| Gentleman

Chapter 11: Gentleman (Brielle's POV)

I stared at my engagement dress which was in a plastic cover, hanging from my closet door. The fittings went fine, I got back home nearly an hour ago. The wedding dress will be delivered tomorrow, I think. 

I was exhausted and it just isn't my time right now since I got my period yesterday. That's the errand I was running when that psychopath nearly killed me. I am well aware that I'm being overdramatic, but tell me one girl who doesn't get overdramatic at a time like this. The dress is stunning and I actually really want to wear it. 

Which is scaring me. Because it's making me excited for the engagement party but how is it possible for me to get excited over getting engaged to River? 

I was also pleasantly surprised when Mrs. Grimaldi and my mother let me pick a simple dress for the engagement party. I wanted it to be simple and I wanted to look a little mature. That's exactly what it is. But in exchange for that, they got their way with the wedding dress. And it is not simple. It is... sparkly. And a little booby. 

My door opened and Ms. Jenny came rushing in. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, pushing my heating pad off my stomach and sitting up in bed. 

"Stay right there," she said, quickly rushing to the engagement dress and opening my closet, hiding it inside. She sighed in relief, leaning against my closet doors. 

"What are you doing?" I laughed. 

"She's hiding your engagement dress so I don't know what color tie to wear." I looked to the door where River was standing. 

Ms. Jenny awkwardly left the room after that. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, watching as he walked in, closing the door behind him. 

"I thought I'd pay a visit to my fiance-to-be. How did your fittings go?" 

"Fine," I nodded. "Did you pick a good ring yesterday?" 

"I think I did. It would suit you well." 

"Okay. You can go now." 

"Jeez," he laughed, sitting by my legs. "What is your problem with me?" 

"You bullied me. Even if I say I don't have a problem with you, you should already know what it is." 

"Fine," he rolled his eyes. "I came here to find out what color your engagement dress is. My mother won't tell me and when I asked Ms. Jenny, she rushed up and, as you saw, hid it. Why don't you tell me then?" 

"If your mother doesn't want you knowing, do you think I'm stupid to tell you?" 

"Do you really want me to answer that?" 

I kicked his lower back. "You're such a dick. Get out of here." 

He stood up. "I'll find out for myself then." He turned around, heading for my closet. 

"No! No, no, no!" I crawled forward, barely catching his shirt while I kneeled on the edge of my bed. I yanked him back, grabbing a hold of his arm. "You're not allowed to see it!" 

"Why not?" he asked, sitting beside me. 

I huffed, glaring at him. "You always say your ties happen to match with my dresses. Let's see if it's really true." 

"And our engagement party is a good place for this experiment?" 

"It's perfect," I scoffed. 

He stood back up and I quickly grabbed his arm, pulling him back down. "I want to see it," he laughed.