40| Temptation

Chapter 40: Temptation (River's POV)

I pushed our bedroom door open, waiting for her to walk in. 

She walked in, looking around. "I was gone for two days why is this room such a mess?" She turned to me while I pulled her suitcase in behind me and shut the door. 

"I haven't left this room in the time you were gone, that didn't give Ms. Jenny or Mr. Garry the time to clean up." 

"You haven't worked?" 

I shook my head. 

"What about eating with your parents?" 

I shook my head again, pulling her suitcase onto the bed, unzipping it, and taking all her clothes out, setting them back into the closet. I went to the other side but she pushed me away. 

"You still can't see those." 

"I've seen them on you," I huffed. 

"So? It's different when they're not on me." 

I rolled my eyes, "It's just underwear, Brielle. What are you afraid of? The granny panties?" 

She scoffed, closing the suitcase. "Get out." 

"This is my room too." 

"Not for now." 

"Fine," I nodded. I put my hands up in surrender and walked to the door, leaving. I left the door open just an inch and waited outside. After a minute or two when I knew for sure she would be busy unpacking the rest of her stuff, I walked back in. 

She was kneeling in front of the dresser tucking all her socks back into the drawer. "You're too slow. I already put all the underwear away," she snorted. 

I huffed and walked to the bed, plopping down as she grabbed the suitcase, zipping it up, and then tucked it under the bed. 

There was a knock on the door and Ms. Jenny came in. "Dinner's on the table, will you finally be there now that she's back?" she sighed, shooting me a pointed look. 

Brielle looked at me and then back to Ms. Jenny. "He really hasn't eaten with his parents since I left?" 

"He's barely had two meals a day. I'm tired of leaving food in the microwave for you," she huffed, putting her hands on her hips. 

"We'll be there," Brielle nodded. 

Ms. Jenny left after hearing that. 

Brielle stood in front of me, her arms folded across her chest. 

"What?" I tilted my chin up arrogantly. I pushed myself off the headboard and leaned closer to her. 

She rolled her eyes and shook her head softly, turning to go into the bathroom but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her down to sit in front of me. She lifted a brow at me. 

"You can't give me the silent treatment." 

She looked away from me and stared at the door blankly. 

"That's not part of the deal." 

"Would you rather I go back and stay with Alia?" 

"No," I said quickly, putting an arm around her waist. 

"Then deal with it," she huffed. "And get your hands off of me." 

"Why are you being so hostile?" I whined. 

She turned to look at me. "Does it hurt your feelings?" 

I nodded. 

"Great," she shrugged, trying to stand back up but I pulled her back down.