The Dance

YAY! I'M ALIVE!!!
I still don't feel too well, but I miss you guys (even though its only been like 2 days) so I decided to post!

So the "I'm Sick" thing will actually count as a one shot but I'll still post yesterday's and today's one shots, instead of 3 one shots.

The 2 one shots that I'm gonna post today counts as Saturday's and Sunday's one shots so...

By the way this is a Dark Kingdom AU.

-----------------------

"Do I really have to pick a wife tonight?" Prince Varian rolled his eyes as he watched the dance happen in front of him. All of the people of the Dark Kingdom came to this dance. Every girl in the Dark Kingdom, around Prince Varian's age and who were single, had to come to the ball because one of the girls would be lucky enough to get married to the prince.
(A/n: I know I could've made this so that all genders could go to the dance but back then- in medieval-ly times or something -it couldn't be a king and a king, it had to be a king and a queen.)

"Yes, son. You must because one day you will be king and you'll need a queen to rule by your side." King Quirin said as he watched his bored son sit there and stare at the crowd, "Why don't you go choose a girl to dance with?" "Ugh. Fine." Prince Varian jumped out of his thrown and stood in front of it, "Eeny. Meeny. Miney. You." Prince Varian pointed at multiple girls his age then landed on one. "Okay here I go." He walked off to find that girl.

-

He came up to the girl. "Ahem." He clear his throat. The girl turned around. Prince Varian thought she looked gorgeous. "Oh! hello Prince Varian." The girl smiled, "Is there something I can do for you?" "Yeah, well, I was wondering, if you would like to dance?" Prince Varian held out his hand. "I would love to, but there's one thing. I can't dance." The girl looked embarrassed. "Here I can teach you." Prince Varian shook his hand a little. The girl took the prince's hand.

-
-
-

"Like this?" The girl asked. "Ye-- Ow!" Prince Varian winced after the girl stepped on his foot... Again." "Sorry." The girl apologized. "No problem. I'm fine. My foot has already gone numb from you stepping on it 13 times before." The prince said. "Again. Sorry." The girl nervously giggled. Prince Varian realized something, "Hey, I was too busy teaching you how to dance, I didn't ask your name." "Oh my name's (Y/n)." (Y/n) smiled. "I like that name." Prince Varian complemented. "Thanks. And I really like the name Varian. It reminds me of Variables. Like in alchemy." (Y/n) said. "Really. You like alchemy?" Prince Varian asked. "I love alchemy. People think its dangerous or magic. But it really isn't. Okay sometimes it can get dangerous but it isn't magic." (Y/n) said, she really hated when people called alchemy, dangerous or magic. Prince Varian smiled knowing someone liked something he did,"I like alchemy too. Although it is a bit annoying on how people think its magic. Its. Not. Magic. Its super annoying. To be honest no one ever likes the stuff I do. I never met someone who actually does." "Well you just did!" (Y/n) giggled. "What else do you like?" Prince Varian became curious. "Well besides alchemy, I like reading the Flynn Rider book series." (Y/n) said as she continued to dance with Prince Varian. "I don't get sleep much, I'm usually either working on an alchemy project or reading a Flynn Rider book." Prince Varian found some who actually likes the stuff he does.

-
-
-
-
-

After a lot of dancing and talking Prince Varian had a question pop up into his head.

"Can I ask you something?" The prince questioned. "Of course." (Y/n) said. "Can I kiss you?" Prince Varian asked looking at (Y/n)'s lips. "Yeah." (Y/n) leaned in. Their lips met. He pulled her up against his body. She ran her hand through his hair. They stood in the middle of the dance floor kissing. Luckily no one was staring them down because that would be kinda weird, well some people saw but its not like absolutely everyone was watching them.

-

After they let go of each other, Prince Varian said that he must step away for a minute. (Y/n) nodded and let him walk away.

"May I have everyone's attention!" Prince Varian yelled standing in front of his throne, "I would like to ask (Y/n) (L/n) to come up here for me." (Y/n) pushed her way though the crowd, "Excuse me. Coming through. Sorry." She came up and stood next to Prince Varian. Prince Varian continued with what he was saying, "As you all know I must pick a wife by midnight tonight. And I think I know who that may be." Prince Varian turned to (Y/n) and got on one knee, he pulled out a ring, "I know we've only known each other for a little bit of time, but I feel like I've known you my whole life. I love you. And I want you to be my wife. (Y/n) (L/n), will you marry me?" (Y/n) was so in shock, "Yes!" Everyone cheered. Prince Varian got off of one knee and put the ring on (Y/n)'s finger. She grabbed him by his shirt, pulled him close and smashed her lips into his.

----------------------------

Author's Note

This story was short compared to some of the other one shots I write. I don't know what to say now. Okay... Bye...

Also, yay! I'm better... ish. Better-ish.

Do you have any ideas? Put your request here:

See ya soon,
Ruddiger

Word Count: 983