The Science Project

Hello, another school chapter. Not really the same type as the last couple but its still in a school.

(f/l/n) = First letter of your name

-----------------------

You were the most popular girl in school. Every guy wanted to be yours. But you had a boyfriend already, Thomas. He was a grade above you.

(Every grade had its own floor in the school building, it was a middle and high school building so there weren't that many floors.)

"Dude. Just go over there and talk to her!" Clay elbowed his best friend. "I can't do it." Varian turned away from looking at you. "No. You can." Clay started to push Varian your way. "No! No! No! What are you doing?!" Varian freaked out as he was being pushed over to the most popular girl in school.

Once Clay got Varian close enough to you, Clay quickly cleared his throught to grab your attention and ran back over to where he was before to watch the show.

"Oh hey!" You turned around to see a boy with black hair, a blue strip running through it, he had freckles scattered all over his face and nose and had the biggest blue eyes ever.

"Uh... Hey... I-I'm... Uh... V--" You cut off Varian's sentence. "You're Varian! Right? The boy who made a robot called an automaton for a science project? I loved that, it was the coolest thing I have ever seen!" "Yep, heh, that was me. You know who I am?" Varian scratched the back of his head. You were surprised, you literally just explained that, "Yeah, we're in the same science class. And of course I know the boy who invented the coolest robot ever!" You squealed. "Uh, thanks." Varian didn't know what to say.

The bell rang.

"Oh, next class. Which just so happens to be science, the class we have together. Do you wanna walk there together?" You asked looking at the bell on the wall. "Uh, sure." Varian smiled as you slammed your locker shut.

In class...

You and Varian both went to your assigned seats. Sadly your seats were on the other side of the classroom far away from each other. "Good afternoon class. Today we will be starting a new project!" Everyone groaned at what your teacher had just said. "Good news it will be a team project." Everyone perked up, "But I will be picking your partners!"  Everyone groaned again and some rolled their eyes.

You got up and walked over to the teacher's desk. You leaned over the desk and whispered something to her, "I know you're picking our partners, but is it possible I can be paired up with Varian?" Your teacher nodded yes. She knew you were a smart kid, so you wouldn't be using him to do the project while you just watch.

She played it off as if she picked you and Varian like how she did the rest of the class. When she called partners, one of the partners would have to get up and sit next to them. When she called you and Varian to be partners, you got up and walked over to Varian and sat next to him.

He started blushing as the teacher started to explain the project to the class. You didn't know why so you didn't think much of it. Turns out when you sat down you grabbed his hand and intertwined your fingers with his.

After class...

"Varian, do you wanna go to the school's library after school to work on project?" You asked walking out of class with Varian.

Varian's mind started going crazy as the two of you made your way into the hallway, Is she asking me out on a date? We'll be alone in the library. Alone?!

"Uh, Varian?" You asked not knowing why he didn't answer. Varian snapped out of his thoughts, "Yeah, okay." "See you then!" You hugged Varian bye. He was taken back at first but then hugged you back.