Part 2 ~ Tangled Before Ever After

(Not my art at the top)
You were still in the beauty room with Eugene, Max and the pub thugs. "Oh, its almost time for the welcoming ceremony! I gotta go get ready!"

You run to your room and fling open the doors. You go in and close the doors behind you. You rush over to your closet.

You pull out a nice baby blue dress. Sure, it was short and the mandatory dress length is supposed to meet the floor, but what do you care. You put your dress on then kicked off your boots you had on earlier to swap them out for a sparkly pair of high heels. You would prefer high top sneakers or a set of boots but you have to represent your kingdom and family. You have to look your best.

You quickly went to your bathroom to put on a little eyeliner then some light blush and you are ready to go.

You speed, while trying not to fall because of the heels, through the halls to find your family waiting for you at the front doors. "I see you didn't wear a full length dress." Fredrick looks at you up and down. "Yeah, had to get dressed quick, I was on the other side of the castle when I realized the time. But I still took my time getting ready." You explain. "Good, as long as you are here. And you look really nice sweetheart." Your father says. "Thanks." You get ready for the doors to open.

Once they open you, Rapunzel, Queen Ariana (your mom), King Frederick, and Cassandra step out and wait for the royals to come so you can greet them. Rapunzel stood in front as you stood behind her and your mom off to your right and your dad in your left. Cassandra stood off to the side near your mom.

"We're good at making people feel welcome. This is completely doable...ish." Rapunzel said trying to calm her nerves. You could tell she was nervous.

Rapunzel looked over and saw Eugene in the crowd. He started waving and she waved back. "Ahem." The King cleared his throat and Rapunzel stopped waving and turned to face forward.

As the first carriage pulled up, the announcer announced the woman's name, "Your Highness, I present Dame Elizabeth Van Hoskins of Rochester." Rapunzel ran towards the woman and hugged her tight. Your eyes widened as you saw your sister almost embarrassing herself, you, and your parents, but you understand, her first time welcoming other royals from other kingdoms. "Get in here!", Rapunzel let go of Dame Elizabeth, "So nice to meet you!" Rapunzel fixed the woman's hat. Pascal just squeaked with a nervous face as he shrugged. Dame Elizabeth looked over to King Frederick as he smiled sheepishly. She walked away.

Queen Ariana pulled Rapunzel back a little. "Raps, you might want to reframe from the bear hugs." You give your sister a piece of advice. "*GASP* Oh, no bear hugs. Gotcha. Sorry." She looks over to your father.

The next carriage pulled up, "I present Lieutenant Commander General James Rutherford-Carver III." The announcer said. "That's kinda a mouthful. Is it okay if I call you Jimmy?" Rapunzel asked. "I'd prefer you didn't." The General walked away not even looking at Rapunzel. "Well, uh, welcome all the same then!" Rapunzel shouted to the man before sighing and turning around to end up being face to face with a woman with lots of hair. "I present The Duchess of Quintonia." The announcer said.

You kinda lost interest at this point so you look out at the crowd. As you look at all the people. Someone catches your eye.

It was a boy, your age, possibly a few months older. He had goggles sitting on his head, a teal shirt, a brown apron and black boots. Then there was his hair, it was black with a blue streak running through it. As you looked at his face you noticed the freckles on his face were scattered around his rosy cheeks and nose. But out off all these features there was one thing about him. His eyes. They were a light gorgeous baby blue that you could just stare at forever. You had to admit he was adorable.

You stopped staring when you heard someone laugh. It was familiar but it wasn't any of your family members' voices. You turned your attention to the woman who laughed. "Really." The Duchess said as she walked away. It was obviously a fake accent that she had. When you're a thief who traveled the world, you know the difference between a fake accent and a real one. Then you saw a fan in her hand. The fan looked extremely familiar. Where have you seen it before? You shrugged it off.

It was now night time.
Cassandra was roaming the halls as you walked through them heading to your bedroom to get ready for bed. Cass saw you and ran up to you. "(Y/n). Have you seen Raps anywhere? I gotta find her to help her plan and pick out an outfit for tomorrow before she goes to bed." Cass asked. "Uh, no, sorry Cass. I can help you look for her." You offer. "Thanks, but I checked the whole castle." Cass said. "Oh! I know where she is!" You smile, "She's usually at the docks when she's feeling down." "Great, let's go." You and Cass run out of the castle to go to find Rapunzel.

You see Rapunzel in one of the boats at the docks talking to Eugene. You and Cass quietly make your way over to the boat.

You and Cass stand there for a while waiting for the two to see you. "Nothing." Rapunzel says. You assume she was responding to a question Eugene asked earlier. Rapunzel and Eugene start to lean forward, both going in for a kiss, but Cass interrupts. "Time to go!" Cass says, leaning down towards the boat. Eugene gets so scared he flies out of the boat. You chuckle. "How's that water feeling, Fitzherbert?" You ask. "Dark and icy... Just like you. I swear, you are more like Cassandra every single day." Eugene crawls back onto the boat. You roll your eyes as Cass turns to Rapunzel. "Come on, Rapunzel, its time to head in." Cass says, "You don't want to be exhausted for tomorrow." "Right! My morning off!" Rapunzel kisses Eugene's forehead before getting out of the boat and leaving with Cass.

It had become the next day.
"So today's the big day Raps." Cass said as you and her stood in Rapunzel's room with Rapunzel. "You excited?!" You smiled. "Yeah! Of course!" Rapunzel smiled back. Rapunzel hopped out of the room with a smile on her face.

You and Cass stood there. "So you wanna go to my room?" You ask. "Sure." Cass shrugs.

You and Cass went to your room. "Do you think Rapunzel knows my Dad asked multiple guards to go with her?" You asked Cass with a slight chuckle. "Nope. I don't think so." Cass laughed.

A little while later, Rapunzel was back in her bedroom and you and Cass joined her there too.
"Let me guess, big day on the town wasn't all you hoped it'd be?" Cass asks. "It was... Interesting." Rapunzel struggled to find the right words. Pascal gave a thumbs down and stuck out his tongue. "Uh-huh. I bet." You smile. "I just wish my dad would let me get out and see the real world." Rapunzel sighed. "You know, if you really wanted, (n/n) and I could get you in and out of here before anyone even knew we were gone." Cass whispers. "Yeah, I'm an ex-criminal. I know when I need to be sneaky." You cross your arms. Pascal smiled at the idea of sneaking out. "Uh, you mean sneak me out?" Rapunzel asks, intrigued. "Exactly." Cass puts her fist on her hips. "What you do when no one's looking is your business." You playfully poke Rapunzel's arm.

-----
Word Count: 1353 - Yes. I know. Its short.