Adopted Or Not

Future Ruddiger here! I am so sorry friends! I missed yesterday's one shot. I had my Dream SMP bestie over (practically one of the only thing we have common - DSMP) for a sleepover then she stayed till dinner yesterday. We watched Ranboo's stream (poor Aimsey died multiple times before the game even started). Then we fangirled over DNF and Karlnapity, we even took balloons we had and drew DMSP characters on them to go along with their signature symbol.
You probably don't even care about what I did at the sleepover.

By the way check out Derivakat on YouTube if your a DSMP fan-
Her songs are awesome.
I'm currently obsessed with the song Blue, Casino Royale, and Revived.

~~~

You are 17, Varian's 18
-----

Its been 4 years since Quirin has been trapped in the amber. Everyone's given up with trying to get him out, even Varian.

He ended up living with you since you're close friends. Its been almost 3 years since he's been living with you.
There were perks to living with your best friend, but then there were some down sides. Sometimes you'd both find a way to make a solution for the problem.

When Varian first moved in, since your house was so small, you had to share a room. You ended up getting bunk beds. You both wanted top (That came out wrong-) so you decided that every month you'd switch spots of how gets top.

Varian always took the last pancake at breakfast. That's actually still a problem-

Secretly you didn't mind all these things, it made him a little cuter.
Except for the pancake thing. NO ONE gets between you and your pancake.

You always had a huge crush on him.

Today your parents had an announcement. They called you and Varian down to the living room to have a "Family Meeting".

You and Varian sat down on the couch while your parents stood in front of the two of you.

"Varian, you have become a big part of our family." Your mom starts, "So me and Mr. L/n have been thinking about officially making you part of the family. You and Varian looked at each other.

Wait! Are they gonna force you into marrying him?! This is a dream come true!

"What she's trying to say is; Varian if you'd like, we'll adopt you." Your dad explains.

"REALLY?!" Varian smiles and hops of the couch, "I'D LOVE THAT!"

You sat there in shock. It was against Corona law to marry a sibling or family member. Your dream will never come true now. :(

"A-Are you really sure th-that'd necessary?" You speak up. "Y/n? I'll be your brother! We won't just be best friends, but we'll be siblings! Don't you want that? And I haven't had a really family in a while." Varian holds your hands. "I mean, I'm happy that you'll have a family again. But everything's perfect now! Why would you want to change that? Being siblings could change the relationship we have." You look at your intertwined hands sadly. "You'll still be my best friend." Varian pulled you into a hug and rested his head on top of yours. You try your best to hold back tears.

Your parents interrupt the hug, "We already filled out the paper work! Varian, all you need to do is sign the document!" You mom says as your dad goes over to his work desk. He opens a draw and pulls out a small stack of papers. He grabs a pen and walks back. Your dad hands Varian the pen and sets the stack onto the coffee table.

You watch as Varian sits down on the couch. You watch as the pen hits the paper as he signs his name. Once he finishes he smiles up at now both of your parents. They sit down on either side of him and pull him into a big hug. You watch them before going up to your room, that you share with your brother.

You sit down on your bed and curl up in a ball. You sniffle a little, trying to hold back as many tears as possible.

There was a knock on the door before it opened.

"Y/n?" A soft voice says. "Go away." You mumble and roll away from facing him. "Why?" Varian asks as he sits on the edge of the bed.

You immediately shoot up, "It's against Corona law to date and/or marry someone you're related to!" You scream at Varian, as he sits there confused, "Varian! I'm in love you! I'm so freaking in love with you and you never realized that!" You huff as you try to catch your breath after yelling.

"You never told me." Varian whispers. "Because I didn't want to ruin our friendship." You say quietly and look away.
You feel a hand that had found yours, "I feel rhe same way." You look back at him and stare him in the eyes, "Y/n. I feel the same way. I never told him because I knew, well thought, you would never feel the same way. I just decided to say yes, hoping to forget those feeli-" Varian got cut off by the door flying open.

"VARIAN WE ARE UN-ADOPTING YOU!" Your dad yells.

You and Varian look over at him. Both of you confused but Varian also kinda hurt.

Your mom popped into your room, "We heard everything. If you both admitted your feelings earlier, we wouldn't have adopted you. We won't you to be happy and if dating our daughter, aka your kinda sister, then we will officially un-adopt you."

You smile over at Varian and he smiles back. His hand finds its way back into yours. You smile up at him.

"Now you can be part of the family by marrying into it!" Your dad grins.
"Daaad!" You groan in embarrassment.
Varian smiles even more, "I wouldn't mind that." You blush as he lays a kiss on your head.

---------
Author's Note

That's it.
Short. Simple. Cute.

Do you have any ideas? Put your request here:

See ya soon,
Ruddiger

Word Count: 1040

F/R: By the way, I didn't read over this before I published it.