chap.9 namikaze clan mito strikes back

The Namikaze clan gathered in the main building of the compound. The chamber was a round shape room with each clan member seated according to their ranking within the clan. Unlike the Uzumaki Clan the Namikazes settle clan matters differently. Each part of the clan, such as the civilian, shinobi, and elders sectors deal with matters based on their rank but the clan head had the final say in any matter they decide. The Chamber itself were now filled with exactly 350 Namikazes. The center table in the room with three seats was for the the clan head, the clan head's wife, and clan heir.

The doors opened to reveal Manu Namikaze, the clan head of the Namikaze with Minato and Kushina following him behind. The clan stood up in respect as proper protocol. Manu was Minato's uncle on his father's side as the short blond haired man took his seat with Minato on his left and Kushina on his right.

"My fellow clansmen today we are here to discuss a few things that needs to come to light. However I have something to do first. For the first clan matter I must address. I have decided to step down as clan head of the Namikaze." Manu said getting a reaction from the clan.

"Manu you led our clan to greatness these past 30 years." One of them yelled.

"We can't lose you" another shouted.

He raised his hands to silence them. "My fellow friends and shinobi. I have led the clan for a good three decades but now it's time for someone new to take over. Therefore I name Minato Namikaze, as my successor."

The clan including Minato himself was shocked in disbelief. The Namikazes knew about Minato's exploits in the third great war and his victory over the ninetails Kyuubi. At first they believed that Minato was still to young but apparently that changed when he started gaining the favor of the fire Daiymo. Minato was nervous but at the same time excited. He believed that with his status as Lord Namikaze he would have some political power needed to get his son back. Kushina was also the same way. She congratulated her husband as Minato took his place in the center.

"My fellow clansmen my wife and I are honored." Minato said. "As the new head of the Namikaze clan I promise you that I will do everything in my power to ensure the dignity and honor and preservation of the clan"

The clan roared in applause as they praised Minato.

"Now like my uncle said there is a matter that I must bring to the clan. It involves my son Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto."

Whispers and murmurs came from the clan. They've never met this Naruto kid but they have heard he was the youngest child of Minato. They only wondered why their new clan head would bring him up.

"As you all know the Kyuubi attacked Konoha."

The clansmen all nodded and acknowledged the incident.

"Well after the Kyuubi attack my wife and I sealed and split the fox into our two sons Menma and Naruto. Menma received the chakra and Naruto recieved the soul. Well after the attack the toads came to us about a prophecy regarding one of my sons. We believed it was Menma due to him being the Kyuubi jinchuuriki and so we decided for the safety of our children we would take Menma with us and leave Naruto to be protected in the village."

"Minato sama wouldn't it have been safer for your youngest to be raised along with Menma. We could have had the aide branch look after him. Since the youngest of a pair of twins always goes to the side branch." said one of the Namikaze civilians.

"We had considered that but the village needed time to rebuild. So by leaving Naruto there and have his status as a jinchuuriki announced our village would be safe." Kushina answered the civilian.

"So why are you bringing this up to us?" One of the elders asked.

"The reason being is that Naruto has been adopted into another clan." Minato said grimly.