2. Graduation

"Hey, Kook!! Hi, Taehyung hyung! How were your exams?" Yugyeom, a friend of Jeongguk, walked up to them and asked as the two of them settled down for their graduation. 

"Great, man! I passed all of my subjects" Taehyung said proudly with a huge grin on his face while Jeongguk pouted sadly. "I couldn't top in history" he said. 

Yugyeom and Taehyung rolled their eyes at him. "Shut up already" Taehyung said and put his graduation hat on. Jeongguk gave him a sour look and turned towards Yugyeom. 

"Where are you planning to go after this, Yugi?" he asked. "Abroad. What about you guys?" Yugyeom asked. "Bighit University" Taehyung said. 

"Oooh!! I heard that it's hard to get in there" Yugyeom wondered. 

"The Vice Chairman was apparently close to our parents" Taehyung said. "He sent us a letter a few weeks ago and told us that our parents wanted us to study in Bighit. He said he already got us admissions in the University and that our only job was to clear our high school exams." 

"Woah, that's cool, man. You don't have to stress about the entrance exam shit" Yugyeom said. "Yupp" Jeongguk grinned at him. He opened his mouth to try and make Yugyeom jealous about it, but a loud mic feedback stopped him from doing so. 

Everyone turned towards the stage and found their teachers and Principal standing on it with huge smiles on their faces. 

"Hello everyone, and welcome to the Graduation ceremony of the batch 2018. Students, I want you to settle down without making much noise so that we can start it right away" the teacher at the podium announced. 

Jeongguk bounced his leg up and down continuously as the teacher called out the names of the students. Taehyung, who couldn't bear the distraction, slammed his hand onto Jeongguk's thigh and hit it twice to stop him from bouncing it further. 

"Oww, you monster, you didn't have to hit me for that!!" Jeongguk whispered angrily and hit Taehyung's hand in return. "Why did you hit me back, then?!" Taehyung whispered back through gritted teeth. 

"Your hand became extra hairy" Jeongguk said and pressed his lips into a thin line to stop himself from chuckling out loud. 

"So? You hit me for that?!" Taehyung exclaimed. "No, you silly!! I just pointed that out" Jeongguk said and grit his teeth harder. "I hit you cause you hit me, duh" he said. 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and took his hand off Jeongguk's thigh. "Fuck off" he said and began to bounce his own leg up and down. 

Jeongguk noticed it and brought his hand down to hit Taehyung's thigh, but Taehyung caught his hand in a flash and held it as hard as he could, making Jeongguk protest with silent ahh's and oww's. 

"Leave me, oww, let go, you asshole" Jeongguk struggled and got his hand out of Taehyung's vice-like grip after a couple of minutes. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you??" he asked, rubbing his red hand gently while throwing a dirty look at Taehyung. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the fuck are you trying so fucking hard to piss me off??" Taehyung hissed at him through his teeth while glaring hard at him. 

"What the fuck did I eve-" 

"Jeon Jeong Guk, Jeong Yi Seo, Ji Seong Joon, Jo Hae Seon, Kim Ji Soo, Kim Chae Jin, Kim Seo Hyuk, Kim Tae Hyung, join the line" the teacher called them out, cutting Jeongguk off before he could ask Taehyung what was wrong. 

Jeongguk grumbled angrily and got into the line while Taehyung rolled his eyes at him and waited for the rest of the called students to join the line before joining it himself. 

Once all the students received their certificates, Jeongguk received a merit certificate for his brilliant performance and the first person he jumped onto, out of joy, was Taehyung. 

At that moment, with all anger forgotten, the two of them hugged each other tightly before Taehyung pulled away and pushed him towards the stage with loud cheers and claps. 

"I'm proud of you, Jeongguk-ah!!!!!" Taehyung yelled from the audience, making Jeongguk's smile wider on the stage. 

"Damnnnnnnn!! I am so, so, soooo happy for you!!" Taehyung exclaimed as they walked back home. Jeongguk turned towards Taehyung with a huge grin on his face. He made Taehyung proud. That was enough for him. 

He wondered about why Taehyung got angry back at the ceremony, but he decided not to bring it up and rekindle a burnt out log. 

"Tell me what you want for dinner. This hyung will cook it for you" Taehyung said proudly, patting Jeongguk's shoulder harshly and almost sending him reeling to the ground. 

"Yah, are you even eating?! Why the fuck are you becoming so weak?!" Taehyung asked before Jeongguk could even adjust his posture. 

"I am not becoming weak!! You are becoming strong!!" Jeongguk exclaimed, rubbing his sore shoulder with an annoyed expression. 

"Bullshit" Taehyung said. "I'll make a special dinner for you tonight and make sure you eat every last bit of it."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes, but smiled nonetheless. "Whatever" he said. 

"You wanna have moon-light dinner tonight?" Taehyung asked as they walked into their house and threw their bags away. 

"Why? There's no full moon" Jeongguk pointed out. "It's round enough to be a full moon, though. Full moon might be a couple of days away. Let's have a moon-light dinner tonight" Taehyung said. 

"Alright, sure" Jeongguk said and walked into their room to get changed, leaving Taehyung, who was sprawled out on the couch, alone to his thoughts.