41. The last pre-transformation

The University broke into an uproar at the news of the death of the leader of the infamous gang, The Psychs. 

It was as if none of them had ever steered clear of that man. It was as if every single person knew him personally and had something or the other to share about him with whoever was willing to listen. 

The gang did not let anyone realize that Taehyung was their new leader. It was none of the University's students' business, anyway. 

The seven of them learned to continue living despite their loss. They slowly learned to keep Namjoon in their hearts and cherish his memory instead of mourning his absence. 

They celebrated Christmas in Jimin's house together with a frame of Namjoon's smiley, dimply face on the table in between them. 

However, they didn't have the heart to celebrate the New Year. They just bought a lot of bottles of wine and got drunk in Namjoon and Seokjin's room until all of them passed out in the same room with their limbs tangled. 

The next full moon went a lot more peacefully than the previous one. Jeongguk remained a lot calmer than the previous two full moons. 

Taehyung had told him that the third pre-transformation was generally a lot calmer than the first two and that it was the months after it that they had to watch out for. 

The two of them had been amazed by the fact that they had missed to spot the basement in the house in all those years that they had lived in it. 

Jeongyeon and Hoseok took up Seokjin's task and worked with the shackles in Taehyung's basement. 

The new basement did not have a passageway like the one in Jimin's house. The whole room was open and there was a table and an iron chair in the corner of the room just like the ones in Jimin's house. 

There was a cupboard in the corner of the room and Jeongyeon found a bunch of keys in it. They took some time to figure each key and its corresponding shackle out. 

Jeongguk, who had been held down by Taehyung until then, was tied up to the chair first before Jeongyeon proceeded to lock the rest of the wolves up. 

Hoseok found a broom and a vacuum machine from the house and brought them down to the basement and cleaned it up in the meantime. 

While the wolves proceeded to transform, Jeongyeon got back up to the house and pulled out two rolls of photo paper and tape from her bag. She returned to the basement and with Hoseok's help, she opened the photo papers up and stuck the huge photos of Namjoon and a black wolf to the wall using the tape that she had brought with her. 

Once the wolves were done transforming, the brown wolf howled loudly, signaling the end of their transformation. The rest of the wolves howled right after him and bowed down to him one by one. 

"What are they doing?" Jeongyeon asked. "Bowing to their new Alpha maybe?" Hoseok said hesitantly. Their eyes teared up when they noticed the brown wolf bow back to the rest of the wolves. 

"I miss him," Hoseok sniffled and wiped a stray tear from his face. "Me too," Jeongyeon sniffled as well. 

The wolves were in no mood to play either. They missed their black brother. They simply curled up into balls and rested their heads on their front limbs sadly. 

"We have to do something," Jeongyeon said as she stared at her wolf. She didn't want it to be that sad. True, everyone missed Namjoon, but she couldn't let this continue. 

She ran up to the house and searched until she found a couple of balls, one of them being a basketball and the other being a football. She found a pump in the same room. With the three items, she ran back to the basement and pumped the balls up.